What's new

rdb wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Current RDB is here - v1.4.x BETA #105
http://www.smiff.clara.net/emulators/pj64/PJRDBWIP.ZIP

Anyone can download this and try it out, but please no distribution on websites etc. Let me know what you think at the end of this (rather long) thread!

N.B The new RDB is designed to be used in conjunction with the Project64 gameFAQ, which you can download from here...

http://www.smiff.clara.net/emulators/pj64/PJgameFAQ.chm

...if you don't have a version already. There will increasingly be references made to the gameFAQ from the browser notes as more sophisticated workarounds are discovered.

The gameFAQ (this is getting complicated hehe) can be used with the site http://issues.pj64.net (though the two are not properly linked yet... depends how far i can be bothered to take this, probably not much further!).

Allnatural

So long as you are updating the rdb Smiff, Mischief Makers (PAL) needs a resolution fix. I tried a number of settings, and the one I've found to work best is Width=320, Height=234. The image doesn't fill the screen, but it is centered.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
just resolution fixes, and wateva crashes u hav already found to be fixable with the rdb (if there are any crashes left, the core seems very solid...it was solid since pj64 1.0). the resolution thing is really annoying though...games like banjo kazooie, perfect dark...

i could do a list of games that need a res fix...if u need.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
smiff, the ingame res for Mario Tennis (U) [!] should be 224 high and 385 wide. the res u suggested in ur rdb is good only for the main menus(guess u guys really dont go into ur games).

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Allnatural said:
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour (PAL) looks good in-game with a res height of 230.:satisfied

I disagree, 240 seems the correct height for this game. If you look there are four lines forming a nice box around the screen. The subscreen doesnt black the bottom box out but thats too bad, i wont ever make an adjustment that causes you to lose part of the screen, no?

Allnatural

Smiff said:

I disagree, 240 seems the correct height for this game. If you look there are four lines forming a nice box around the screen. The subscreen doesnt black the bottom box out but thats too bad, i wont ever make an adjustment that causes you to lose part of the screen, no?
You're right,I admit defeat.:p I still think 230 looks good, but 240 does look better. More "centered".:thumbsup:

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
heh, i can tell you an easy way to find the correct res, well not easy, but reliable - go too far, then back off.

N-Rage

Smiff said:
heh, i can tell you an easy way to find the correct res, well not easy, but reliable - go too far, then back off.

uhhmm.. aint it easier to grab a screenshot at full res and then use a Picture Viewer( XN-View ) to determine the resolution?
Most Viewers allow to make a rectangle and show widht&heigth.

Nice to see u back Smiff :D

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
umm :!!!: not if its being detected wrong cos itll be stretched :p or am i missing something obvious, i feel like im missing something. i get that missing something obvious feeling.

N-Rage

dont messed with the ini file yet, i take u can force height in it.
if u set height to 480 and have the emu running in a 640*480 Windows and take a screenie u could read the height-value directly in pixels.
hmm i take PAL roms are 512 height... so it would make more sense to run at 1200 * 1280 and divide the pixels by 2.

i hope it wasnt me that missed something:blush: :cry: :) :hrm: ???

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
heh yeah it is you :), play with it some time & youll see the problem. 2nd thoughts dont, carry in with your input and ill go back to the funfun file :p

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Out of curiousity, why bother with a resolution fix for Extreme-G XG2? Just to be complete, or is there a way to play it with the (E) version?

OmegaFirebolt

Ok, this has nothing to do with screen res but you could update the file to make it automatically turn on larger compile buffer for the game Dual Heros. Game goes from crashing to fully playable with menu errors.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
OmegaFirebolt said:
Ok, this has nothing to do with screen res but you could update the file to make it automatically turn on larger compile buffer for the game Dual Heros. Game goes from crashing to fully playable with menu errors.

hmm now that is interesting.

more more more

EDIT no i disagree what crash is that meant to prevent?

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
EdgeBlade said:
Out of curiousity, why bother with a resolution fix for Extreme-G XG2? Just to be complete, or is there a way to play it with the (E) version?

umm good q. i guess because

1) once ive found the game it only takes a sec to add the line
2) sometimes fixes the res actually fixes something else important :)
3) in case someone does figure out a fix in the future
4) cos its there :p

OmegaFirebolt

crash that the setting prevents is the crash that happens after 1 round of battle. try it. before I changed the setting it crashed every time after one round, couldn't get to next battle. after enabling larger compile buffer it let me finish the entire game.

hows that for a fix?

Allnatural

You took down your list, and I forgot to check if you had put in the expansion pack fix for Road Rash 64 Smiff ( I know you're aware of it already). I've been playing it non-stop now for a few days; love the game.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.