What's new

Emu64 HiP Thread

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
NeTo's Emu64 HiP Thread

Emu64 HiP is a small utility to increase the process priority of some n64 emulators. In theory it should speed up emulators, specially in low-end pcs. It's has been made to prevent system inestability (that is usually one of the effects of priority changing).

Speed gains depends on several factors like OS version, cpu type and speed, etc. It should work as expected when the CPU is the bottleneck.

Download at NeToSoft's Homepage. VB6 runtimes are required.

10/01/04 1.5.2
  • Win98 problems should be solved now

6/11/03 1.5.1
  • Fixed typo in the 'Thanx to...' screen

6/10/03 New Version 1.5
  • Added Automatic Preset detection. The utility now tries to get the best speed settings according to your PC configuration.
  • Added an Xtreme Preset, that increases your emulator speed as much as 200%. But is likely to be unstable, so use it caution.
  • Fixed different 1964 issues
  • Solved bug that prevented some users to see any speed increase at all.
  • Added more advanced options
  • Tons of other bugfixes

If you still don't know what this program is (what it does etc.), or if you are unsure to use it, read ahead in this thread to find more info.

If you have any problem using this utility you may:
  • Choose another Preset in the utility. 'Multitasking fanatic' should be the most stable, while 'Low End PC' and 'Xtreme' presets should be the fastest ones.
  • Try with the Custom preset, and changing some of the programs advanced options. You may skip this if you don't know what those options mean.
  • Post your problem in this post. Some other users and/or myself may help you out

Last edited:
I'll download it, and I hope that it will work. I've created (in top-secret), an optimzed 1964-ini for low-end computers. I'll release it soon!:1964:

By the way, you need beta-testers. I can be one.

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
mightyrocket said:
I'll download it, and I hope that it will work. I've created (in top-secret), an optimzed 1964-ini for low-end computers. I'll release it soon!:1964:

Well, that good to hear, but it wouldn't be top secret anymore. :doh:

mightyrocket said:

Hey! good to hear that. :) Later at night I will post more (this university pc are too slow to try to use)

(NL)Falcon4ever said:
Isn't this an other GameBooster clone?

Sorry for my ignorance, but what's Gamebooster?

Searching here in emutalk, what i found that it is like some sort of gameshark device. If that's the case then no , my utility isn't that.

My utility works independant from the emulator, and rather works at windows level, to make windows add more cpu processing to the emulator, insted to wasting it in processes that aren't necesary while the emulator is running. The options you can find in the program let you select how much of the cpu can be taken to the emu and when (this is important, so you don't notice any other difference in your pc rather than a faster emu). You can leave the program in the background, and it will start working only when you first open an emu.

You can even leave it on the background, since it will start working only when you fisrt open an emulator.

Last edited:

jack

mightyrocket said:

Just buy yourself a new computer. It doesn't cost that much. I got one for 150 and it was worth every cent. And I doubt any improvements to the ini can boost speed without sacificing compat. Might as well leave it only.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Isn't that simply changing the priority flag of the process? From my experience it makes things unstable...

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
nephalim said:
Isn't that simply changing the priority flag of the process? From my experience it makes things unstable...

Read the first post... I added a more accurate description of my program (i think)

Last edited:
OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Yep, i'm sure it's ready to try out. I have had running for more than a week now (i never 'turn off' my pc), and i have tested under a lot of different program combinations, without stability loss at all. Now after a week of hard test , i think i'm ready to post it here.

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Uhm, no posts in two days. Maybe the utility didn't work for others as i expected.

?????????????

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
NeTo said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but what's Gamebooster?

Searching here in emutalk, what i found that it is like some sort of gameshark device. If that's the case then no , my utility isn't that.

My utility works independant from the emulator, and rather works at windows level, to make windows add more cpu processing to the emulator, insted to wasting it in processes that aren't necesary while the emulator is running. The options you can find in the program let you select how much of the cpu can be taken to the emu and when (this is important, so you don't notice any other difference in your pc rather than a faster emu). You can leave the program in the background, and it will start working only when you first open an emu.

You can even leave it on the background, since it will start working only when you fisrt open an emulator.

Game booster is a program that let's you boot in plain windows,
no other utils are loaded only those are really nessersairly.
This will help you speed up your computer (espacially on slow pcs)

http://bleempark.emuunlim.com/download/gb_103.zip
download it here
:satisfied

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
(NL)Falcon4ever said:
Game booster is a program that let's you boot in plain windows,
no other utils are loaded only those are really nessersairly.
This will help you speed up your computer (espacially on slow pcs)

http://bleempark.emuunlim.com/download/gb_103.zip
download it here
:satisfied

Oh didn't knew that existed. Too bad i'm on xp

Ehm, my util works in Windows and ... no, has nothing to do with that. If you want to read above, i changed a little the first post.

Ah! there's a new version avaible! Read at the top for more info.

Last edited:
A small bug report about 1.3:

- (1964) When you go to full-screen, it's impossible to go back to windowed mode or close the emulator.
- (1964) Perfect Dark controls doesn't work in full-screen (not sure, but tried 3 times).

These are the only bugs I've found.

Lizard Blade

Thats pretty sweet. I don't need it to get to any functional speeds, as most everything runs at 60 fps for me, but it sure is fun to run that and turn off the frame limiter. 1200 fps Mario 64!!