What's new

Zelda: OOT Master Quest... is it worth playing?

Is OOT Master Quest worth playing over the original?

• Total voters

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
I have read the differences between the original Ocarina of Time and the Master Quest version. Some people claim it to be much harder and others say it is only a little harder.

I want to know, from those who have played both versions and liked OOT (no point in hearing from people who see OOT as overrated since I love it), if the changes between the two versions make Master Quest really worth playing at least once.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
It has an extra dungeon, which is supposedly hard. Also, the button graphics correspond to the GameCube controller. At it's core though, it's OoT v1.2

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Master quest is just OOT with slightly harder dungeons, nothing more... its worth playing sure, OOT was brilliant.

The_Z

"The_A"
It is worth playing, if you want an extra challenge to a great game. However, some of the dungeons are just a pain to play and are awful, imo. Like Jabu-Jabu's Belly. But, overall, it's a fun thing to play.

Clements

Yes, if you are fan of the original game. Master Quest's dungeons are laid out completely differently and it is mostly harder. Even the Gold Skulltullas in the dungeons are in different places and are harder to find on the whole.

Toasty

Sony battery
Sure it's worth playing - don't expect a whole new plot or anything though as only the dungeons are different. If you're one of those who've beaten OOT like a million times, MQ is your chance to do it again and actually have to open your eyes once in a while.

OP
EmuNoviceUser

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
Clements said:
Yes, if you are fan of the original game. Master Quest's dungeons are laid out completely differently and it is mostly harder. Even the Gold Skulltullas in the dungeons are in different places and are harder to find on the whole.
Intersting point. I read many times "the dungeons are laid out differently" but I never considered the Gold Skulltullas. I assume by your lack of saying so, that the rest of the GS's around Hyrule are in the same locations.

Having to hunt for and try reaching them again is reason enough to play it as I need a good Zelda challenge :D

Last edited:

The_Z

"The_A"
Yep. Only the Skullutas in the Dungeons are moved around. As well as chests, as you may imagine.