What's new

Zelda OOT and glN64 w/Radeon

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
You're probably all sick of seeing Zelda OOT shots, but this took some work to pull off, and I'm feeling kinda proud of my accomplishment.

Here's Zelda OOT on the unreleased version of glN64 using the improved OpenGL 1.4 combiner (which is actually an OpenGL 1.4/Radeon combiner since it'll detect and use ATI extensions) on my Radeon 9500 Pro. It should look this good on any video card that supports ARB_multitexture with 4 or more texture units, ARB_texture_env_combine, and ARB_texture_env_crossbar. This includes all Radeons from the 8500 up, and possibly others?

Anyway, on to the screenshots. These shots show off some of the more complex combine modes in Zelda OOT, which are now working fine on Radeons:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah. and people didnt believe me when i said 2 years ago that PC hardware (2001) was barely good enough to do good N64 (1996) HLE.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Believe it or not, you never get tired to see the same game all the time when it's great news! :happy:
Great work, Orkin! :flowers:

radTube

lazy bastard
Wow

Finally actual support for radeons in a plugin! Can't wait for the next release of glN64. :w00t:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
I hope you're including full framebuffer emulation, since you're coding pretty much specificall for R300 here. =)

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
:* :* :* :* :*

I LOVE YOU!!!

Only one thing... in shot 2, it looks like there is a problem with the skybox, to the left of Link, and again, above Death Mountain. But that's minor compared to what you have accomplished. :D

Last edited:

Clements

:w00t:

Seeing these screenshots makes me go all googly inside! So impressive how far you've come, and so quickly! Well done.

Kahenraz

Wow!! NICE!!! :holiday: :holiday: :holiday:

icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
The Khan Artist said:
Only one thing... in shot 2, it looks like there is a problem with the skybox, to the left of Link, and again, above Death Mountain.[/B]

Fixed

archlyn

Excellent Job Orkin! :)

Will this as yet unreleased plugin also put an end to the Paper Mario flickering? (Or was that already fixed in a previous version?