What's new

Zelda MoM

Squall Leonhart

The Reluctant Hero
Why does 1964 goes really slow (10-15 FPS) when using Jabo`s 1.4 D7 plugin with Zelda MoM? The background on the load game screen goes black, and the game keys are so messed up you have to smack tha keyboard before anything happens...
Any ideas?

PS: It works fine on Pj64, just a little slow couse of my system...:D

Tesla-Guy

HAHA surely not the specs! I tried 1964 with my old old pII 400mhz w/ 64mb ram and i got 40 - 60fps! Latest drivers? you mean 23.11 or leaked 27.10 ?

OP
Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart

The Reluctant Hero
I dont use the NVIDIA drivers, it slows down my card (u know how NVIDIA tend to optimize the latest drivers for the newest graphic card only...) I just use the drivers that was shipped with the card.....
And hellknight, the rom ain`t bad, I checked with Goodroms...

Razman

Make sure you are using the following for getting the most FPS:
*external transforms for the graphical plug in
*use 16 bit textures.
*no antialising
*use Azimer's audio 0.4 beta & don't use audio sync and if possible don't use audio fix (+ use maximum buffer size!)
*run at 640x480 resolution

I use the Nvidia 23.11 drivers, and they are the fastest so far, even better than 27.00 leaked, and I have a GeForce 2Mx. So the drivers aren't your problem. DirectX might be if it wasn't installed properly, but I doubght it.
I use PJ64 1.4 to play Zelda: MM cause the sound is a lot better.
How does PJ64 1.4 run on your computer?

OP
Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart

The Reluctant Hero
Pj64 runs fine, only thing is that it skips a little cuose of my intergrated (TOTALY SUCKING) sound card, and that, for some reason, gives me lowered frame rate... I just wanted to see if 1964 runs better... :D
Is ur GeForce a Creative model as well?

Last edited:

Razman

No, I have an Asus videocard.
by integrated soundcard you mean A97?
It could skip as well due to the lower Cpu, & maibe the motherboard itself isn't that good. What chipset do you have for the motherboard? Intel one?

You won't get as good sound quality from the Aizamer's sound as you get from Jabbo's at the moment.

Does 1964 run better with the settings that I told you?
If not, try running zelda without sound and post how many FPS you get .

OP
Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart

The Reluctant Hero
I have an VIA Apollo Pro Chipset. The processor is a Intel Pentium III MMX/SSE 595. The bios is an Award Modular v. 4.51PG. My soundcard is a Yamaha DS-XG Legacy Sound System ( I will get meself a SoundBlaster soon, I hope) Zelda 2 runs much better now, thanks for the tip. All i had to do was to turn off FSAA and then I could use Azimer beta 0.4 with audio fix and all... its not that good yet couse of my sound card but that will change in a month or two.

Thanks everybody! Big respect!!

PS. hellknight, the rom was not the right one.... i used the european version, and the game runs faster with the (U) (!) version of the game....
:colgate:

Last edited:

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
PS. hellknight, the rom was not the right one.... i used the european version, and the game runs faster with the (U) (!) version of the game....
:colgate: [/B]

That's always the case because the NTSC and PAL TV's.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Re: U or E

Engeljaeger said:
Hmmm...is every (U)-rom faster running on 1964, or is that just the case with Zelda MoM ?

generally, u would want a (U) rom over everything else. the US version of an n64 game itself runs better than euro n64 games. so if u hav a choice, go (U).

schibo

Emulator Developer
i have to disagree with that, Euro games should perform better without sync. The difference is the timing and sync. PAL games are set to sync at 50VI/s while US games will sync at 60 VI/s.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
schibo said:
i have to disagree with that, Euro games should perform better without sync. The difference is the timing and sync. PAL games are set to sync at 50VI/s while US games will sync at 60 VI/s.

never knew!

is that only for 1964?