What's new

your opinion on my vcard

cebrian

ok i have a p4 1.6 GHZ system with 128 MB ram (tomorrow 256) and a ati rage pro128 card with 32 MB in ram and a 350Mhz dac processor

my question is, should i get an nvidia geforce mx2400 card? i mean im eventually going to get it, but is it that much better to justify the 60 bucks im going to spend (its a cheap one, albatron is the brand (but i think the chip is the one that makes it good ;))

or can i just play great (and not excellent) with the one i have,

i tried my roms on v1.5beta and there were lost of glitches, while i was hearing you were getting great results with these cards

i downloaded 1.5 today and tried conker and tooie and they looked great thats why i hesitate to buy the new one, because the games now looked great on my card

so my question is, should i? or should i not?

by the way PJ64 is great:pj64: ;) :cool:

ra5555

N64 Newbie
yea change your video card but don't get the mx 2400 get the readon instead.... its cheaper and better...

Martin

Administrator
No. Get the GeForce ti-4200. It's the best value for you money. Wrong forum btw, I'm moving this to Tech Talk.

OP
C

cebrian

its not like i have a lot of places where to chose....or a lot of vcards

i live in mexico and the geforce2 mx400 is like the only thing they have and its not too pricey at like 50 dollars

and besides, it will be that better? i mean v 1.5 is already great :)

Last edited:

Allnatural

While a GF 2 MX would be a step up from your ATi Rage Pro, it would still put you way behind the times. Save up some more $$ and get something more recent, like a GF 4 Ti 4200 as Martin suggested.

OP
C

cebrian

ok thanks i will do that, while im saving i will play with my crappy card (which in the new version plays very well

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i just bought a msi geforce ti4200 64megs for under £90, and btw this card is apparently the best to overclock, with stable speeds apparently way surpassing a stock ti4400, despite the lack of a real fancy fan like say the ledtek version (which dont get fooled by the massive heatsink cos it apparently is not a very good overclocker).

somep laces actually sell gf4mx's for more than that price so ur getting a real bargain. if that stretches ur budget, look for a cheap gf3, ati radeon 9000 or even better an ati radeon 8500. any of those cards will keep ur happy for a long time.