What's new

Your home computer

Eagle

aka Alshain
Flash said:
A home computer prototype from 50s "10 kilowatts will be enough... :D :D :D"

The Fortran language huh? Geez thats one language I wish I had never learned. It's more of a pain in the arse than cobol.

Seriously though I think the text was faked. Nobody in the 50's believed a home computer was ever feasable. They didnt think it would serve a purpose.

Last edited:

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Eagle said:
Seriously though I think the text was faked. Nobody in the 50's believed a home computer was ever feasable. They didnt think it would serve a purpose.

Funny how they didn't have home computers in the 50s yet they still managed to Photoshop the hell outta that picture. :p

I really wish I could find that quote from a tech magazine I found at my grandpas house. It was from the 60s and it said something about home computers being a pointless endeavor especially since it would take up an entire floor of a home or something.

OP
Flash

Flash

Technomage
Eagle said:
The Fortran language huh? Geez thats one language I wish I had never learned. It's more of a pain in the arse than cobol.
At least it's not PL/1 :
Code:
HELLO:   PROCEDURE OPTIONS (MAIN);

FLAG = 0;

LOOP:     DO WHILE (FLAG = 0);        
             PUT SKIP DATA('HELLO WORLD!');
          END LOOP;

END HELLO;
:D

Seriously though I think the text was faked. Nobody in the 50's believed a home computer was ever feasable.
They didnt think it would serve a purpose.

Well, maybe, i don't know is this text faked or not. Probably faked but still funny. I found this picture and posted it as-is.
And some people in 50's-60's seriously thought about personal spaceships in 90's, not only about computers :)

Eagle

aka Alshain
Flash said:
At least it's not PL/1 :
Heh true, I never had to learn PL/1, it was so far before my time that it wasnt necessary.

Nice DuDe, one mystery solved, only a billion more to go.

OP
Flash

Flash

Technomage
Eagle said:
Nice DuDe, one mystery solved, only a billion more to go.
So, it IS submarine console !!!

I thought it looks like a submarine control room. That strange rudder and lots of analog indicators.... But that teletype...

They got me... Damn l33t photoshop sk1llz :D :D :D