What's new

You can have a Wii on this date, and it'll cost you this much...

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Nintendo have finally announced the news Wii've (sorry!) all been waiting for - the launch information for the Wii in Europe!

Set to launch in the UK and Europe on December the 8th this year, the Wii has been provisionally priced at £179.99 by Nintendo. Please note that this hasn't been confirmed as our retail price yet, and that we'll confirm our own price for the system when pre-orders open shortly.

Inside the box will be a white console, 1x remote control, 1x 'nunchuk' controller, a copy of Wii Sports, plus your usual power and AV cables!

15-20 games promised at launch, including Zelda, Super Monkey Ball, Need For Speed Carbon, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam and more!

Pre-orders will be opening very soon at Gameplay, at which time final pricing will be confirmed on the console, software and peripherals. Be sure to check Gameplay regularly for updates, or sign up below to receive a pre-order invitation by e-mail!

Sounds like a great price to me, considering you're getting a game with it as well. :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Wii on 8th of december, 10th of december for zelda on gc... hrrrm... meh i'll get zelda on GC and buy the wii later, I was under the impression that the wii would be out in november.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ScottJC said:
Wii on 8th of december, 10th of december for zelda on gc... hrrrm... meh i'll get zelda on GC and buy the wii later, I was under the impression that the wii would be out in november.
That is correct. November 19 for USA. 2nd of December for Japan. And Europe the 8th of December?

Doomulation

NES_player4LIFE said:
:drool:

half way to being an emulator already:evil:
Again, note that so far it's clear that only first party titles will be region free. We will see about 3rd party titles.

Doomulation

See "Wii converage" thread. There's confusion about the region locking. Nintendo has said that it would have region lock now.