What's new

XP login Problems

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
This is an interesting problem,

I have a fujitsu 3500 tablet PC that I have inherited. It has windows XP on it but I cannot figure out the password, so I can't log on.

I'd be perfectly happy to re-install the operating system... if I could.

As its a tablet PC there is no CD rom or floppy drive. (nor does the BIOS allow you to boot from them if i had.

The one thing I could do is install over a network but i've been reading about Intel Boot Agent (which i have enabeled in the BIOS) and I don't know where to start.

One thing I can do is view the c: drive in the tablet machine as it is shared, Is there any way of geting the password?

Any other sugestions?

OP
Niggy G

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
i don't think that helps, i have no way of getting onto the machine as another user and safe mode methods won't work as i still can't log on.

Cheers anyway!

OP
Niggy G

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
nope, how would i do that?

user: administrator
Pass: administrator

user: administrator
Pass: <blank>

these don't work.

Last edited:

minkster

The only way I can think of to get into safemode without logging in is by pressing the F8 key when the computer boots up, but since you have a tablet pc im pretty sure that button doesnt exist. You could try plugging in a usb keyboard and pressing the F8 button. (That is, if it has a usb port)

OP
Niggy G

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
I can acsess safe mode (the tablet has a PS2 port through the docking station), but i still need to log in once in safe mode?

Anyone any ideas?

OP
Niggy G

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
that was an idea I had, my dad tells me its not a normal IDE hard disk, so that is't possible.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
Ouch, that program's expensive.

Don't remember if windows usernames are case-sensitive, but it should be Administrator, not administrator.

OP
Niggy G

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
That program would not work as it works via a bootable CD rom (which I can not do).

I have tried both "administrator" and "Administrator" yes, oh well :huh: