What's new

XboX Port of 1964 found!

Gladiac0190

Believe it or not, but there is a port of 1964 out there in the www. I already got it and try to find out, which version of 1964 is used for this port... I also think that this is a port which has been done without the schibo's permission so I won't give you this piece of software... All I can say is that it is a part of a distibution package called 'surreal64' (released on Jan 6th 2004), which has also the ports of PJ64 and UltraHLE included...

jollyrancher

It's illegal for non-MS programmers to compile with the Microsoft XDK and I'm sure that the moderators don't want to get in a discussion about illegal activities.

Iriez

jollyrancher said:
It's illegal for non-MS programmers to compile with the Microsoft XDK and I'm sure that the moderators don't want to get in a discussion about illegal activities.

*edit*

The thread was closed since it is a private matter.

Thanks.

Last edited:

schibo

Emulator Developer
Iriez said:
Schibo, jabo, and rice had no problem replying to the thread from what i saw. Infact, the thread seemed quite mature and calm. I dont understand the reasoning behind deleting it = /

I would rather not discuss matter publicly.

chilin_dude

jollyrancher said:
Yes but creating an emulator to run comercial games that are still for sale isn't?

desertboy

Xbox N64 Emulation Fanatic
Edit: Appears it was resolved, ignore me I'm an idiot and shall try not fill your forum quite so full of crap.

Last edited:

chilin_dude

i agree with what desertboy says, the xbox 'scene' isn't a 'warez scene' as it apears that you think it is. Head over to xbox-scene.com forums and you will see this...

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
It's clear to me the authors of 1964 do not wish to discuss this publically, unless discussion is taken in a different direction this thread will be closed or deleted.

Iriez

chilin_dude said:
i agree with what desertboy says, the xbox 'scene' isn't a 'warez scene' as it apears that you think it is. Head over to xbox-scene.com forums and you will see this...
and desertboy : quit whinging, you got the emu didn't you :p

Please, do not bring drama over here. You've said what you've said, and theres no need to start poking, prodding, or whatever it is you may refer to it as.

This thread is heading towards the fire fast.

asdfzxcv

jollyrancher said:

Unauthorized emulators are in a legal gray area anyways. However, there is nothing wrong for me to checkout an open source project tree, say, on sourceforge and with my legally licenced copy of XDK (part of an ISV program) and in my own spare time port over the project to my debugging xbox for my OWN use. And since if I make any changes to the original project and I am obligated to release the source diff back to the public. (There is NO compiled binaries involved at all.)

Now, if other people found the source diff interesting and decided to compile and release the binary on their own, that's their problem.

Anyways, a disclaimer, I am not involved in any xbox emulators released to date.

Now, back to the surreal 64 project, it has nothing to do with that much publicized 'Contest' to port over pj64.

Last edited:

jdsony

Well...Microsoft will do whatever they want, whenever they want, at all times. The reason 1964 on the XBOX is bad in their eyes is because it involves hacking the system and throws away the money they lose on the system and won't make back in games because people are playing around with emulators and such instead of buying a bunch of MS licensed games.

1964 on PC isn't as much of a liability because Nintendo is more worried about the roms. Sure if the software wasn't available there wouldn't be a demand for the roms but the software is far from illegal.

Think about knives, guns, consumer spy electronics etc. These things are legal yet used for illegal purposes. I realize those things can all be used for perfectly legal purposes too but there are also other things that are legal to be sold but only used for illegal purposes but I can't think of them right now =)