What's new

Xbox - Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Xbox - Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf

pre040317_header.jpg

The lone planet of Dante is the setting as the Mech Warrior finally returns to our screens in his latest Xbox adventure, Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf.

Known to many as Wolf, the Mech Warrior finds himself accompanied by his two invaluable allies, Major Natalia and Lieutenant Foster. To survive, the trio must now function as an entire army force – with the help of some Mech’s, of course.

When it’s time to hit the battlefield, you’re going to need to be prepared! You’d better hope you’ve read that instruction manual, because you’re thrown straight into the action to learn the basics the hard way. Bullets, bombs, lasers, anything goes – and when they’re whizzing over your head, you need to think fast to have any chance of success.

Luckily, controlling your Mech is as sublime as driving a Ferrari. Instantly responsive, inch perfect controls make Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf a joy to play and experience. Support is also included for the inverts amongst us – you know who you are!

Aside from a massive single-player campaign, Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf really comes alive in the Xbox Live online multiplayer mode. From Team Destruction to Capture the Flag, all the usual game types are here, and have been adapted superbly well to the Mech way of life. Indeed, a refreshing break from the often-chaotic Halo 2, where the principles are simple – destroy anything that isn’t the same colour as you.

Overall, Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf is a highly enjoyable title that casual and hardcore gamers alike will fully appreciate. Single player is superb, and take the game online and you’ll be glued to the screen for weeks on end. With the servers as busy as they are, this is amongst the finest Live games that I’ve played so far this year.

Highly recommended. Mech away gents, Mech away.

ScreenTN6.JPG
ScreenTN5.JPG
ScreenTN4.JPG

(Reviewers Note - Seeing as I now get free Xbox games to review for the local newspaper here, expect a lot more from me!)

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Martin said:
Nice one. You say it's a refreshing break from Halo 2. I loved that game.

Are you on Live then, Marty? Or just too afraid to admit it? ;)