What's new

Xbox emulator question

Guru64

Well, the E3 demo of Sonic Heroes for Xbox (They say the Playstation 2 version is dumped as well, so the Gamecube version maybe is dumped too) is dumped!
I just downloaded it, but I don't have an Xbox.
My question is: can that Xcbx emulator run .xbe files?
I know that the emulator might not be able to run it yet, but there may be some point that it will run on the emulator.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I think you mean Cxbx and yes it runs .xbe files, but it's less then likely that it will run the demo at all.

OP
Guru64

Guru64

Hexidecimal said:
I think you mean Cxbx and yes it runs .xbe files, but it's less then likely that it will run the demo at all.
Yep, it does not run...
Damn...
Oh well...
I'm sure that it will run soon...

Geoz

De Master
Guru64 said:
Yep, it does not run...
Damn...
Oh well...
I'm sure that it will run soon...

Cxbx is a great emu and is comming along great, it runs lots of demos and freeware apps but not ANY commerical ISOs yet
Bring on the nxt release! :party:

Geoz

De Master
hmmm

Mystic Gohan said:
it's gonna be great once it starts running commercial roms though.

Great for the majority of people that are into emulation for emulation but bad for microsoft and game producing companies, because emulation could be used by ppl that doen't want to fork out for Xbox Games and just D/L them off the WWW but the ISO sizes are huge, i don't bother keeping my backups on my HD anymore becuase its about 3.87gb for 1 game, i know the game aint that big but it's got hellova lot of protection junk that Microsoft put on to deter ppl from hosting the ISOs on sites.
Lets pry for better compression methods or good by to Internet D/L cos no one is gunna host 3gb of data.

smegforbrain

Even with broadband connections, I think the current sizes of games will still make download prohibative for all but the most dedicated of people and servers.

I mean, I can't even get a 10meg file off of Kazaa most of the time, much less attempting a file of half a gig or more. :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Geoz said:
Great for the majority of people that are into emulation for emulation but bad for microsoft and game producing companies, because emulation could be used by ppl that doen't want to fork out for Xbox Games and just D/L them off the WWW but the ISO sizes are huge, i don't bother keeping my backups on my HD anymore becuase its about 3.87gb for 1 game, i know the game aint that big but it's got hellova lot of protection junk that Microsoft put on to deter ppl from hosting the ISOs on sites.
Lets pry for better compression methods or good by to Internet D/L cos no one is gunna host 3gb of data.
Do you actually APPROVE of download isos off the www? If ANYTHING, buy the game and play it on the emulator.

Geoz

De Master
Doomulation said:
Do you actually APPROVE of download isos off the www? If ANYTHING, buy the game and play it on the emulator.

Not possible on the Xbox unless it's been hacked,(You can't put the game in the drive cos a little dvd plays saying thats it an xbox game and you have to put it in a xbox drive to play) your right though it's wrong for these sites putting ISOs up but hell it won't happen anyway they are too big.

And i was supposed to be sacrastic btw.