What's new

WWF in Netplay for 1964 0.9.9

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
WWF No Mercy seems to be fickle in working. Last night, I triedit, and it worked. I was amazed. But I tried it again this morning and it decided not to work...

Did the testing Team figure this one out?

If playing another person online works for you, could you tell me what you might be doing differently?

Thanks zillions!

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

An idea would be to start Netplay - use any graphics with Azimers 0.30 (old plugin) or Schibos audio. Then start the game, then stop it - but don't close the netplay window. Now start the game again, it should work better.

OP
Jimbot

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Thanks for responding Trot.

The game won't even start. We (me and my testing buddy) never see any video at all. It's just pressing start game, waiting for it to think, then lost connection. Any other ideas?

EDIT: Hey my 500th post!

Last edited:
OP
Jimbot

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
I don't have IC or whatever. I've always wondered what it was. It is like a big chat room? How do I get it? Man, I feel like a sh00b.

Rice

Emulator Developer
In short, IRC = Internet Relay Chatting.

Go mirc.com to download mIRC, install it, connection to any EFNET server, and then join the #1964 channel.

OP
Jimbot

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
I seem to have figured it out. Well, one of my friends did, actually. -To play the game: You need to delete the save file you have for the game from the saves folder of your local 1964 directory. All included parties need to do this. This clears all data, which allows the game to syncronize and start. I don't know why only this game does it, as SSB has different data from two people and still works, but meh, at least its working.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Ah, thanks a lot for the report that you have fixed it. This can now be suggested to other people who have problems such as this.

rcgamer

the old guy
maybe you couls just move the save file (instead of deleting it) and when you want to play your saved game just move it back.

Rice

Emulator Developer
The save file is supposed to be synchronized at the beginning of the game play. It is sent from the player 1 to all other players and used by all players.

... unless this feature is broken or having problems.

OP
Jimbot

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Thats what seems to be happening, just with WWF No Mercy tho. in every other game it's fine. Try it and see for yourself.