What's new

WMP11 Beta 2 Available

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Already got it, its built into Vista pre-rc1, looks neat but I still prefer winamp.

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
Ah, but can winamp play dvd's by itself? i think not. not that i care cause i use power dvd for dvd's. i always use wmp for music and videos and it's never let me down. winamp's good and all, but i only use it when i need to use those plugins to listen to music ripped from video games.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Wmp isn't so bad, but it is inferior to more advanced players like Zoom Player. Heck, there isn't even an easy way to change the aspect ratio. And you can't tell WMP to always ignore aspect ratio, and so on...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Media player classic + winamp is what I use, Winamp for 90% of things, Media player classic for dvds and misc files, but I just like winamps classic skin and its video playback capabilities too much. I despise all generation of media player past wmp7.

flow``

flow``
i grab the latest codec pack from codecguide.com, use regular wmp10 and foobar2k for audio

reminds me about betas.. vista rc1 is out, need to find a torrent

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
ffdshow is shit, i would prefer installing the official stand-alone codecs individually.

edit: I highly agree with ScottJC - Media Player Classic does everything and more. i use it for all my video, and Winamp for all my audio.

WMP is a freaking crime against humanity, ugh, why would anyone torture themselves with that? :puke:

Last edited:

Doomulation

Hardly. But each to their own.
Oh and WMP11 is buggy. Sometimes it plays videos, sometimes it just displays a thumbnail. Stupid thing. This is on Vista, though.

Doomulation

FFDShow is a DirectShow interface. It works with all the players out there that uses DirectShow, and there are LOTS of them.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
Sorry, I was being flippant =P. FFDshow is not actually shit, but Doom made another of those comments about things being evil for no real reason, so I decided to reply in kind. ;)

Doomulation

Codec Packs aren't exactly angels. They can install a lot of codecs that conflict with each other, thus making all kind of weird things like programs creating unnecessary filters to a graph, your picture might get upside down or you get a black screen, etc, etc.

rcgamer

the old guy
while most people who are pc savvy will tell you that using individual codecs is the way to go ive never had a problem with klite codec packs. theres only 2 that ive heard of causing real problems, ones the nemo codec pack and the name of the other escapes me.

Doomulation

It depends on what you install and have you checked what graphs are generated through graphedit?

Toasty

Sony battery
zAlbee said:
I highly agree with ScottJC - Media Player Classic does everything and more. i use it for all my video, and Winamp for all my audio.
My thoughts exactly. With the right output plugins, Winamp is also a highly configurable audio converter with almost limitless input formats.

Van

* on a quest for answers
I like WMP, but only to rip and play some DVD's,
I think winamp is better

Nice Mire, you're listening my The Chosen Ones
^^

Last edited: