What's new

Wireless Router Help

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
I've had a 802.11b Router for about a year now, and now, im at the point wher eim goin to explode. Its bene drivin me nuts, it ALWAYS disconnects, when im in multiple convos over msn, and they're writin a message, i have to plug the adapter out, plug it back in, wait for it to connect, this is like 3 mins, and sum people go offline, which is a pain in the balls, so im thinkin of gettin a 802.11g router, will this improve in anyway?? My comp that has the adapter is in one corner of the house, while the adapter is in the top corner of the house so the frequency goes through about 2 stone walls, passin 2 phones, so by usin a 802.11g router would this have a more secure and stable connection?

Eagle

aka Alshain
DarthDazDC said:
I've had a 802.11b Router for about a year now, and now, im at the point wher eim goin to explode. Its bene drivin me nuts, it ALWAYS disconnects, when im in multiple convos over msn, and they're writin a message, i have to plug the adapter out, plug it back in, wait for it to connect, this is like 3 mins, and sum people go offline, which is a pain in the balls, so im thinkin of gettin a 802.11g router, will this improve in anyway?? My comp that has the adapter is in one corner of the house, while the adapter is in the top corner of the house so the frequency goes through about 2 stone walls, passin 2 phones, so by usin a 802.11g router would this have a more secure and stable connection?

Well 802.11g is designed to be faster and more stable, however you should really check your signal strength if you think you are too far away. It sounds like your computer is the furthest possible distance from the router which usually is a bad idea.