What's new

Windows 2k and OpenGL problems

Laahel

hello everybody

sorry if this had been answered before but i dont find it ;)

my problem with pj 64 is that all opengl plugins are very slow ( a few fps ) or craches the emulator under windows 2k only, this doesn't occur under win98, and there is not allocate memory failure...

for what i tried ( i explained that on the plugin forum), pj64 seems to not recognise the opengl extensions of my card, and want to do only opengl 1.1 functions ( if i put opengl 1.4, it crashes or send error messages saying that my card can't do the opengl combiner extentions.... )

under 1964, all work fine with the same options...
i'm lost in there, any help greatly appreciated, and let me know if anyoneencountered the same problems....
( tried, many drivers, from 30.82 to the latests ....)

my specs :
AMD Athlon XP 1600+
768 Mo SDRAM
GeForce 4 Ti4200 128 MO DDR
Nvidia Omega Drivers 1.4072
Windows 2K

thanks in advance...

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
it's not you, it's the software. the opengl plugins are good, but not 100% compatible. Jabo's direct3d plugins should have the best compatibility with most games.

OP
L

Laahel

the problem doesn't come from the plugins, cauze, ALL opengl plugins are damn slow or crashes on pj64 and windows 2k only, they very good and fadt with 1964 , and theyre ok in win98 ....

the thing is that pj64 fails to recognize the opengl abilities of my card.....

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
win2k has always been slow for gaming anyway, use a diff emu if u wanna keep 2k, but i'd seriously think about gettin xp pro, its gr8 for gaming, and has all the gr8 features of 2k

OP
L

Laahel

a bit expensive for now ;)

but i'd like to know where do the problem come from.....

never had sush problem before and for gaming.... as good as win98 if not better ;p, but that's another story ....

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
why bot borrow it from a m8 etc? theres all kinds of ways you can get it, but im not naming the main ways :p

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Stez02k said:
why bot borrow it from a m8 etc? theres all kinds of ways you can get it, but im not naming the main ways :p
You do know that borrowing from a friend and installing on another machine is...erm... :unsure: ...illegal?

OP
L

Laahel

just made some investigation....

i downgraded my drivers to the old good 30.82 version and there.... all work ok !!!!

by usin another program wher ei have slight problems too ( i thoug it was new versions of the program that cause dthese problems) i found out that, the open gl drivers were the 1.3.1 ones, with these all is ok under win2k

so, i put back the 40.72 drivers, with opengl 1.4 drivers and pj64 crashes again, only seeing a opengl 1.1 card....

so it lead me to think that this is a drivers prolem, cause of the opengl 1.4, but in that case, why the exacts sames plugins, with the exact same driver work flawlessly with 1964 ????

don't know how the emulators load the opengl drivers, but could it be possible that they do that in different way and that win2k doesn't like the way pj64 loads opengl 1.4 ???

i'm very lost in there... is my computer in the twilight zone or what ?????????