• Windowblinds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • StyleXP

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

iq_132

Banned
I just was wondering..

PS. Please don't post if you don't use either of them and don't say they are "ghey" or "shit" because that's just not helpful. Post legitimate reasons why you don't like them.

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
i have used both quite a while ago, windowblinds is very nice lookin, but takes up more memory, style xp takes up very lil memory, and is the better of the 2, also windowblinds isnt free

Stez

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
try aston, it uses up less memory/cpu than anything (it was designed with that in mind), and some of the themes are pretty damn nice. It's a complete replacement for the explorer shell.

www.astonshell.com

OP
iq_132

iq_132

Banned
http://216.32.208.116/tgtsoft/uxthemepatcher.zip
Run the program. It will produce uxtheme.pat. Just delete the uxtheme in your c:/windows/system32/ and the one in c:/windows/system23/dllcache (a hidden, protected folder).
You can to do this in safemode with command prompt only.
now reneme uxtheme.pat to uxtheme.dll and you're set :)

Allnatural

AlphaWolf said:
try aston, it uses up less memory/cpu than anything (it was designed with that in mind), and some of the themes are pretty damn nice. It's a complete replacement for the explorer shell.

www.astonshell.com
*Allnatural is proud owner of Aston* :thumbsup:

Stezo2k

S-2K
wow uxtheme for xp is friggin awesome, no need for style XP hogin up a bit of my RAM no more :D thanx again IQ

Stez

OP
iq_132

iq_132

Banned
iq_132 said:
PS. Please don't post if you don't use either of them

Can I make it any clearer than that?
I asked if you use StyleXP/Uxtheme.dll or Windowblinds.
I did not ask if you use Aston, KDE for win32, @SHELL, 3D TOP, BEOS WIN, BLACKBOX, BLEEM BOOST, GameOS, BLUE BOX, BOS, BTW95, CARAPACE 2, CODEX, CLOUD:9INE, CORE, DARKSTEP, DESKTOP X, DIMENSION, DOORZ 3000, EUROPA, EVWM, LITESTEP, NEON, SERENADE, TALISMAN, XION or any others.

And no problem Stez. always happy to help :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Allnatural said:
AlphaWolf said:

www.astonshell.com
*Allnatural is proud owner of Aston* :thumbsup:

I found aston to be slower when playing my games. Maybe 6fps slower. :sleepy:

RPGlover12

Cooliscool Aston slows down ur pc like hell though i figured that out well not like hell but it slows it down :)
i just dont get any shell or any programs

OP
iq_132

iq_132

Banned
And again... You not on topic. Please keep the conversations limited to StyleXP/Uxtheme.dll and Windowblinds.

And if you're going to post, participate in the poll.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
stylexp. i don't know why but it feels more natural for me to use stylexp than windowblinds.