What's new

Winback Problems / Cannot Initialize DX8

Veracity

Emu Controller Freak
Hey guys, I'm having problems with Winback. I'm about 1/3 the way through the game, and at the part where I am, the texture are all fucked up. This is using Jabos plugin. When I switch to Rice's D3D the game loosk BEAUTIFUL, but the HUD doesnt show up. Whats the best setup for Winback (one of the best N64 games)?

ALSO

When I try rice's daedelus, it crashes when I try to load the save state, and it says cannot initialize DX8. Whats the problem?

OP
V

Veracity

Emu Controller Freak
Smiff said:
hi can i have a save (state or native) for this please

Sure

Mod: Is it OK to attach save states here? I think so but its not too hard to get banned so I'll ask first :naughty:

OP
V

Veracity

Emu Controller Freak
Smiff said:
i don't see a save :)

I don't see you trying to fix my problem
thebirdman.gif

Veracity said:
I don't see you trying to fix my problem
thebirdman.gif

Tell me something. Are you an idiot? If you really are an idiot, it's ok, I can understand why you're posting like that...

First, you don't give us the save to try the place you're talking about.
Then you're playing it Mr Smart Guy: "no I've asked him first"!!!
Third, instead of attaching a simple native save here, which is only 128kb, you're giving as a useless 1.2MB save.

Last, I tried it, and the gfx are fine, the game plays fine, so the conclusion is, I wasted my time downloading that useless save of yours.

So your ati mobility follow you really close there (in idiocy), too bad it's a laptop, cos you can't only throw your gfx card in the garbage, you must throw your laptop alltogether.

Have a nice day :p

karth95

Lord of the Cats
You know, for someone who thinks it's easy to get banned, he's sure quick to sass a moderator.

OP
V

Veracity

Emu Controller Freak
64ultramaniac said:
First, you don't give us the save to try the place you're talking about.
Then you're playing it Mr Smart Guy: "no I've asked him first"!!!
Third, instead of attaching a simple native save here, which is only 128kb, you're giving as a useless 1.2MB save.

What kind of save was it then? I'm not sure, it was just the firt one I saw. If its useless, how were you able to use it?

Last, I tried it, and the gfx are fine, the game plays fine, so the conclusion is, I wasted my time downloading that useless save of yours.

Then that means that its my card? What settings could I use to maybe fix this?

So your ati mobility follow you really close there (in idiocy), too bad it's a laptop, cos you can't only throw your gfx card in the garbage, you must throw your laptop alltogether.

I guess english is not your first language? Its cool, but could you rephrase that paragraph? I have no idea what you just said.

Have a nice day :p

actually its pouring here, and its a really crappy day :(