What's new

Will next Chanka support Virtual Keyboard ?

mad-man

B'cos there are real keyboard for the Dreamcast console.
It is for typing game and for surfing internet.

I am wondering if next Chanka or later version will add
an optional to add a virtual keyboard. :p

Last edited:

mezkal

Man on a mission
LOL :) a keyboard emulated too? I would think that Maraccas would be more important as we can all browse without our DCs, otherwise umm how did we all get here? :p

Peace,

Mezkal

OP
M

mad-man

mezkal said:
LOL :) a keyboard emulated too? I would think that Maraccas would be more important as we can all browse without our DCs, otherwise umm how did we all get here? :p

Peace,

Mezkal

ha ha, it is for typing game version of "house-of-the-dead" :p :bouncy:

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Maybe he was simply referring to the keyboard as the controller for The Typing of the Dead... Stupid game concept, yet it's quite addictive... And anyway is out for PC too :D
Evrain

OP
M

mad-man

Evrain said:
Maybe he was simply referring to the keyboard as the controller for The Typing of the Dead... Stupid game concept, yet it's quite addictive... And anyway is out for PC too :D
Evrain
Yup......you just got it..... :bouncy:

mezkal

Man on a mission
Ah yes Typing of the DEAD :p I loved that game....I take your point Mad-Man. Of course you could always search the bargain bins for the PC version if you're really desperate.

mesurf

I want keyboard support for typing of the dead too. Or can anybody tell me how to connect a standard ps2 keyboard to my dreamcast so I don't need to go buy a dreamcast keyboard?

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Difficult to say: if it's a normal PS/2 you should find the wiring diagram, a Dreamcast male connector (cutting it from a broken controller should do the trick) and manually solder each wire into place, just like you would do to build a PSX/PS2/GC/SNES/GEN adapter.
But, as Mezkal said, you'd get better results just looking (looking... :ph34r:) for a copy of the PC version, which I already have.
Evrain

mesurf

WHere did you get the pc version from? I few years ago I found the pc version demo from sega but that was many years ago.??

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Remember young Padawan, you never know what you might get when you runmage through the bargain bin at your local store...
Namely, I got mine from a family friend who runs a computer store: he still had a few games from the times he still sold them and dumped all of them to me. So I got Flight Simulator 98-99-00, Ultima 8 Pagan, System Shock 2, Syndacate Wars 2, Typing of the Dead, House of the Dead 2 and Quake 3 Arena.
I still can't believe my luck, and I wisely chose NOT to tell him that Q3 was still being sold at an obscenely high price... go me! :devil: :happy: :bouncy: :whistling
Evrain