What's new

Wii virtual console

M-TheM

Ok..now i got some wii virtual arcade games..but a huge problem
The files are .wad????
and obviously Dolphin cant open those files(i guess)
You people can tell me a way to open these files or....
Hey..I just reported something-Dolphin wii virtual console
So you can start to think about it....

This has been talked about already. It would be good for the Wii emulator to emulate every aspect of the Wii including the VC, but all you have to do is use a SNES or N64 emulator and play the games you want to use the VC for.

OP
M

M-TheM

i'm talking about virtual console support in dolphin...
What is'nt it a good idea???

OP
M

M-TheM

Its not wii ware...
The games i have are
Super Mario 64.wad
Super Mario Bros(title.wad)
Exitebike(title.wad)
Actually
at starscream
You think i'm just a plain dumbo who wants to 'play' the games on snes and n64 emus???
No what I want is dolphin to get better

Last edited:

cerebus5

But there is really no point for the developers to concentrate on virtual console games yet, when the real console games are still in a very early stage of development. It's possible that they never will, because as was pointed out you can play those games on their original console emulators at more than full speed.

bll1301

not every .wad file fr wiiware can be extracted to rom that is playable on nes/n64 emulators.(eg: megaman 9). unfortunately, i'm afraid they never make an emulation for wiiware, as emulation can't download file fr wiiware ---> u'll download file fr somewhere else --> pirate.ol

Last edited:

Cyberman

I think the real problem is that it requires a significant amount of emulation of wii firmware this is a problem. It's not just a simple thing of booting a game anymore. It's running the Wii OS (whatever it is) and a few other things. Support for flash card systems (IE internal 512M of NAND flash) and SD cards for external storage etc. These are all complex systems so.. how much work do you wish them to emulating the basic hardware and functionality of the system to emulating other hardware that is more questionable of how it works and possibly the Wii firmware stuff as well.

In other words if the basic system fundamentals are currently somewhat functional you have extremely unrealistic expectations if you are asking for everything else to work. I'm amazed at how much progress has been made, however the basic system has to work well before anything else.

Cyb