What's new

Wii Coverage

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
No! Metroid Prime 3 delayed! Worst news EVER.
$250 - A tad expensive, not much away from the Xbox 360's Core version. $40 + $20 for new controllers >_<
And from what I see from the launch games - only Twilight Princess really calls. WTF is up with all these stupid FPS?! No Metroid Prime and Twilight Pricess for the cube is set for December.
This is not exactly what I wanted to hear...

Oh and, Virtual Console pricing: $5 for NES, $8 for SNES and $10 for N64. Expensive as well, from I say.

Last edited:
OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Actually I'm happy with what's been said. This is the first time nintendo has packed a game in with a console since the NES isn't it?

The price of 250 is still less then any other next gen on the market, and you can still buy a premium 360 and a Wii for a mere 50 dollars more then a single PS3.

The virtual console prices I agree are a little steep, but I'm not as excited for that as I used to be, as I have a computer, and access to the internets, which means emulators.

Still the launch games look good to me.

he Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Excite Truck
Trauma Center
Madden 07
Need for Speed: Carbon
Elebits
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
Metal Slug Anthology
Rayman: Raving Rabids
Red Steel
Barnyard Cars
Blazing Angels
Far Cry: Vengeance.

I am disappointed a bit that Metroid and SSBB aren't launch titles, but they're going to be 2007 early titles, same as Mario Galaxy.

Overall, I am thrilled that it comes out on my birthday, and that I work at Best Buy now, because it will make acquiring one much easier.

Doomulation

Hexidecimal said:
Actually I'm happy with what's been said. This is the first time nintendo has packed a game in with a console since the NES isn't it?
Yeah, but how often are you going to play it? Especially with only one controller (no friend to play with)?

The price of 250 is still less then any other next gen on the market, and you can still buy a premium 360 and a Wii for a mere 50 dollars more then a single PS3.
Still a little pricy. But too much.

I am disappointed a bit that Metroid and SSBB aren't launch titles, but they're going to be 2007 early titles, same as Mario Galaxy.
So am I. Hoping to aquire them all.

Lightning

Emulator Developer
The console is too big? It is 3 dvd cases stacked on top of each other for size. Zelda launches with the Wii, the Gamecube version is delayed. Other than Mario and Metroid not being part of the launch, it should be great.

I think part of the reason they are held off is that Nintendo is getting games out, like Wii Sports, that will get people interested and wanting it due to how simple it is to play. Then start introducing other games after the launch hype has died.

Doomulation

I'm surprised that Nintendo will actually CHARGE for users to download a web BROWSER. I mean, HELLO? Everything else is free concerning the Internet (in the Wii console). Why would they charge for the software? Are they simply greedy?

Doomulation

Don't be silly. Where does it say you can use your own software?
And I would rather play the games like on the original machine. Call me crazy or just retro'd, but I think the High-Res just look awful compared to the original.

Yeah true especially when you use Hi-Res it just takes away the original feeling so I'll probably use the Virtual Console in Wii but it cost so much (not for me) and Nintendo said that the games you play in the Virtual Console have better frame rate and better graphics so I might as well use Virtual Console.

Trust me. Nintendo's experience on selling consoles will lock their games but since the name is called Wii (pronounced we) I think all of the games should be region free because what's the point of having a console named Wii if you can't share games in other regions?

Doomulation

It adds technical difficulties. For example, a PAL console is designed to run @ 50 Hz. But when running an NTSC game, it needs to run @ 60 Hz. And I bet they don't like people importing. That's the whole point on the movie industry and DVDs - they don't like people importing.