What's new

Why Linux sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Open-source is highly desirable, if only as insurance. I've seen too many good projects die, and with source code, there would have been people to pick them up.

OP
vampireuk

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Kethinov said:
Oh that's real mature, moderator sir. Yeah I realize bringing up old threads is somewhat rude, but no ruder than your comment, which should be obvious. I would have replied sooner, but I don't read this board very often. In fact, I would have missed this thread all together if it weren't for someone I know telling me about it.

Sure, I can expect to take that kind of crap from uninformed newbies, or generally ignorant people. But a moderator on a popular forum? You're supposed to be professional there, bud. And you know what else? You should have locked this thread a long time ago. The original thread was locked, so what gives this one a right to exist at all?

With that being said, I made my points very clear in the original thread and don't wish to rehash the debate with the original thread being locked and all. If anyone here thinks the debate is worth continuing, a mod can reopen the thread or we can take it to another forum where the administration is more professional. Frankly, if these are the kinds of people running emulation communities, it's a wonder we have success or respectful people frequenting at all.

A guy does his best to help people and promote open source and look at the crap he has to take. You should be ashamed.

edited for grammar

Hey if you thought that comment was bad, kiss my ass sonny boy

OP
vampireuk

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Allnatural said:
lol

And you're still a wanker.

me = unproffesional prick x10

Seconded, biggest wanker on the board. A wanker that would put all other wankers to shame, you sir have the strongest right wrist on the internet.

The original thread was locked, so what gives this one a right to exist at all?

The little agreement you clicked ok on when you signed up actually :cool:

As for you, vampireuk, the first time you post something intelligent will be the first time I bother wasting my time on you.

You already wasted your time on me :bounce: :happy:

Last edited:

Kethinov

Alchy said:
... and I'd guess that's exactly why the Dolphin team aren't opening the source of dolphin yet. This release was a teaser, nothing like a finished product.
If you had bothered to read the rest of that paragraph you would have noticed that I also said: When there are no binaries to release, there is no source to release. Unlike Dolphin, I don't make a habit of releasing a binary without the source.

Allnatural said:
lol

And you're still a wanker.

me = unproffesional prick x10
You shouldn't be moderating this site. If the admins don't realize this, they're no better than you are.

As for you, vampireuk, the first time you post something intelligent will be the first time I bother wasting my time on you.

Slougi

OMG LOL DuDe IS TEH 1337357!!!!

FOSS is nice, but it is up to the authors to decide. You have no right to force them, or try to force them, to do anything. Some of the best software out there is closed source, and this is one of those cases. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.