What's new

Why holding back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
I'm waiting impatiently for the release myself...haven't said a word about it though, cuz I know it wouldn't change a thing ;)
Just sit back and wait...
Furthermore I don't understand people who feel so fucked by threads like this and what do they do?...they read all of them and tell people to shut up and why...
Ain't got anything better to do? o_O

Hyper19s

Banned
some people are just haters thats all. I hate it when people tell me to shut up with rude words!!

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
Why are you people so f***ing impatient. Just be glad that Rice and Schibo decided to release another 1964. I'm not trying to flame anyone here, but you guys just need to just wait a little longer. I'm pretty sure that it's close to being released.

Nemo

Master Sporksman
I think the best idea would be to do WIP, like ZSNES does. And it's my choice how they do it.... Wait, no it's not. Yep, that's right, it's the 1964 authors' choice, which is why I haven't been complaining. So you know what? Stop complaining, it'll be out when it's out.

pandamoan

Banned
Nemo said:
I think the best idea would be to do WIP, like ZSNES does. And it's my choice how they do it.... Wait, no it's not. Yep, that's right, it's the 1964 authors' choice, which is why I haven't been complaining. So you know what? Stop complaining, it'll be out when it's out.

i have two things to say: WIP would be way cool. but yeah it's up to rice/schibo. i suppose they have their reasons.

the other thing is....

:1964:

Trotterwatch

For the benefit of Pandamoan:

His first thing was:

1) WIP would be way cool
2) But it's up to Rice/Schibo

(Not 100% sure if this is correct... )
;) hope that helps.

Last edited:

Hyper19s

Banned
Trotterwatch said:
For the benefit of Pandamoan:

His first thing was:

1) WIP would be way cool
2) But it's up to Rice/Schibo

(Not 100% sure if this is correct... )
;) hope that helps.

LOL :rolleyes:

scotty

The Great One
Rice and Schibo dont necessarily have to do the WIP version of 1964 if they dont want to. I say if someone wants to take on the coding of 1964, let them after Scibo and Rice are finished

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Trotterwatch said:
I knew what it was like to see PJ64 1.4 was getting beta tested to hell and not being part of it, likewise with the previous version of 1964.
But wasnt it great when it came out right on Christmas? :cheers:

And dude, they aint flaunting it, screenshot posting is an EmuTalk tradition. Youre supposed to drool, not get jealous :p

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
right, better just be patient and wait for it :D
we can always talk about it tho, but i won't bother them to release it soon :p

dnrobs

will the new 1964 1.0 be a universal panacea or will we still need to fiddle with plugins and such?

Clements

dnrobs said:
will the new 1964 1.0 be a universal panacea or will we still need to fiddle with plugins and such?

1964 1.0 will be zilmar spec. so you can use different plugins. (Which is very much a good thing as no one plugin is perfect).

pandamoan

Banned
Clements said:
1964 1.0 will be zilmar spec. so you can use different plugins. (Which is very much a good thing as no one plugin is perfect).

or to give a more detailed answer:

it will still have the OPTION of using other plugins for those rare games that won't work with the rice one, but apparently it will not OFTEN be necessary to switch plugins as the new rice plugin's compat is supposed to be VERY high.

however, the zilmar spec has been upgraded a little bit to allow heavy framebuffer usage games such as dr. mario to run better.

and the new glide plugin will take advantage of this as well.

between gonetz/rice, i imagine every single rom will be playable eventually. i believe the list of unemulated games with any emu/plugin at this moment is only like 12 diff commercial roms.

remember also that the new 1964 will be .9.9, which means 1.0 may be even MORE compatible. Perhaps the main focus between .9.9 and 1.0 will BE those unemulated roms, who knows?

i'm interested in what rice and schibo have planned, but so is everybody... lol

Trotterwatch

The sound plugin is also excellent (and doesn't need changing too much).

Unemulated roms are by and large unemulated due to lack of info known about them - ie once Indy is fixed in one emulator/plugin it will probably be easy to fix in all.

The trouble is getting the info.

As of the moment, Indy isn't playable.

h3h3

pleaaaaaaaaase no xmas-release then...
firstly that wouldn't be any surprise at all...and quite lame also :-/
secondly I won't even be at home ...

ok the second reason wont' be too important to u I guess but....

:-(

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
For the love of god someone lock this topic, I am so tired of hearing please release this or when is it coming out?

scotty

The Great One
h3h3 said:
pleaaaaaaaaase no xmas-release then...
firstly that wouldn't be any surprise at all...and quite lame also :-/
secondly I won't even be at home ...

ok the second reason wont' be too important to u I guess but....

:-(

I would actually like a Mid to end December release (no im not naggin you guys), it is only because I am off from University starting next week on Tuesday, until January. Therefore I will have time to use it, unlike during university

pandamoan

Banned
Lillymon said:
I'd like to see a release WHEN IT'S DONE!!!

i don't see what's wrong with a public beta. even if it's full of holes. then these morons would quit whining.

it's not like the fabled 1.0 release or anything.... :D

/devi's advocate runs and hides.

Status
Not open for further replies.