What's new

Why holding back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noelen

I know that many emulation fans out there are expecting the new 1964 0.99 out on thanksgiving or christmas - it is the same with me, but I know it will be ready when it´s ready!

Anyway: What I really do not understand is the fact that there is a limited beta test running much alike with a comercial product.

Hey, we are all loving emulation and are quite familiar with beta versions because ALL emulators are more or less betas. We do not expect a perfect product.

I am appreciating that schibo wants to make it as good as possible for a public release but it not necessary to prevent us from using a NON PERFECT version. We would be happy to use it and this forum would fullfill it´s task while discussing errors or happy moments on N64-emulation!

Maybe someone or schibo himself could explain.

Last edited:
C

catewauler

I´ll wait...

Catewauler online:

I´m not in a hurry... I´ll wait ´til the emu has released by Schibo, he knows why the beta was not released and that is something I respect.

Besides, if all keep bother him, maybe the emu will never released.

Thanks.

dukenukem

lord freiza
dude there's no reason to publicly release yet since testing is still going strong,it's upto schibo and rice when they will make 1964.99 public,until then just wait because it's damn good:) and even faster

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Noelen said:
I am appreciating that schibo wants to make it as good as possible for a public release but it not necessary to prevent us from using a NON PERFECT version. We would be happy to use it and this forum would fullfill it´s task while discussing errors or happy moments on N64-emulation!

Here's the deal. You may think all emulators are beta, but the aren't. There's a reason they are final. They don't crash frequently, they dont not work with the majority of games, they don't occasionally tweak out and do strange things, and they don't piss people off, on average.

Beta software does. It annoys you when the window abruptly closes, or freezes, or doesn't work with your fav. game from last version. I'm not saying the new beta does or doesn't do these things, I'm saying that it's silly to WANT a beta, unless you really want to be testing it and posting bugs. --

Trotterwatch

Hypershadow1 - could you stfu about the beta, you are getting repetitive. Really I'm starting to regret ever posting all of those screenshots...

Clements

Wow, people are so impatient. Would would you prefer- schibo and Rice rushing out a buggy beta release or wait for a stable version that has been properly tested by competent beta testers? This is close to 1964's last ever release, so it should be as good as it can be.

hypershadow1- you are two years older than me, yet you act like a little kid who hasn't received enough Christmas presents. Grow up.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I know that many emulation fans out there are expecting the new 1964 0.99 out on thanksgiving or christmas - it is the same with me, but I know it will be ready when it´s ready!
Really, whats this about then?
Anyway: What I really do not understand is the fact that there is a limited beta test running much alike with a comercial product.
Beta testing happens whether or not something is commercial, some people do it themselves with their project and some people request the aid of several people.
Hey, we are all loving emulation and are quite familiar with beta versions because ALL emulators are more or less betas. We do not expect a perfect product.
Rubbish, a beta is something that is frequently updated and usually contains bugs.

You cannot speak for everyone either, the majority of people expect the "product" to be perfect believe it not, very few are willing to accept less, and the first paragraph of this thread makes me believe you expect perfection as well.
If you truly appreciate it, then don't bug him about it. The majority of users out there will never report a bug, ever, I assure you of that.
Schibo doesn't need to explain anything to anybody, he owes you nothing.

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
cooliscool said:
Go to hell and die you fucking nitwitted impatient bastards. No one (here) will miss you. :term:

cool, don't hold your feelings back for our sake, we can take it! :D

dukenukem

lord freiza
Heycan a mod lock this thread now i am tired of hearing people say they want the beta now,it's getting boring and tiresome.

Clements

Only the Admins, Super Mods (if we have any) schibo, Rice and Gent can close it, otherwise I would have. I'm tired of these threads too.

Hyper19s

Banned
Trotterwatch said:
Hypershadow1 - could you about the beta, you are getting repetitive. Really I'm starting to regret ever posting all of those screenshots...

Trotterwatch you have the beta so you really dont know what it is like
not to have the beta.Thats why we want it because others have it and they
flaunt it. :1964: :watsup:

Not to be disrespective of course

Trotterwatch

Trotterwatch you have the beta so you really dont know what it is like
not to have the beta.Thats why we want it because others have it and they
flaunt it.

I knew what it was like not to have a beta of any previous emulators or plugins. I knew what it was like to see PJ64 1.4 was getting beta tested to hell and not being part of it, likewise with the previous version of 1964. Did I moan about it once? Nope, I got on with life, it wasn't the end of the world.

Perhaps I made a mistake here trying to keep people up to date on developments. For that I apologise, and promise not to bother posting any more status updates and/or screenshots :) I wouldn't want lame brains such as yourself to think I am flaunting it.

Jakob

evil *******
it is sad how little shits get so upset when someone who is making something for free, in their spare time, decides that they want to make it as good as possible before giving it out to others

OP
N

Noelen

pAsSiVe said:
it is sad how little shits get so upset when someone who is making something for free, in their spare time, decides that they want to make it as good as possible before giving it out to others
Did any of of you understand the meaning of an internet forum. It is just for this kind of discussions. It must be allowed to ask a question which fits to the topic.

Of course there will be many opinions that are not yourselfs but again: None of the arguments given convinced me that I was wrong to ask.

I would agree to a misbehaving if I were bothering the programmers via E-Mail personally every month, week, day, hour, second or so but in this case they just read the forum and see that there are people out there who believe that the next version will be great and they can not wait to get there hands on it. This is an opinion that should be respected as well as all the other - even the ones with hard words and less meaning.

C

catewauler

I respect other opinion...

Catewauler online:

Ok, Ok, I respect people and their opinions no matter what...

The thing is that beta emus prevents the system failure, bugs and other fail.

Now as I said before, Schibo knows why the beta was not released and I think this is something that we must respect...

Thanks.

Hyper19s

Banned
hhrmmph!!!

Noelen said:
Did any of of you understand the meaning of an internet forum. It is just for this kind of discussions. It must be allowed to ask a question which fits to the topic.

Of course there will be many opinions that are not yourselfs but again: None of the arguments given convinced me that I was wrong to ask.

I would agree to a misbehaving if I were bothering the programmers via E-Mail personally every month, week, day, hour, second or so but in this case they just read the forum and see that there are people out there who believe that the next version will be great and they can not wait to get there hands on it. This is an opinion that should be respected as well as all the other - even the ones with hard words and less meaning.

totally agree Noelen free speech right??? no flames ok?? :p

ciyinyde01

My personal opinion, I know i havent posted on here much. But really no need to there are a lot of people on here that know what there talking about, and a lot of problems that i have have been resolved by just searching through the posts. And if a mod or a member says it will be worth the wait then it WILL be worth the wait. I havent been let down yet. Nintend 64 emulation is not for life, It is FOREVER

Status
Not open for further replies.