Which N64 Zelda game do you prefer?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Skullkid

Which N64-Zelda game is the Best?
(Including graphics, sound, story, gameplay etc.)

My oppinion: Majora's Mask :p

Quvack

graphics wise Majora's Mask is more polished (due to exp pack support, etc..) but overall I'd have to say OoT, its just one of those games that is 'wow'. And its more fun to hack around with :p

However your post is pretty off-topic for this forum, it should be under General N64 Stuff, not the PJ forum.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Majora's Mask and Ocarnia of Time are both equally good imo.

I agree Quvack, I was going to point it out too :p

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
He should have asked which Gamecube Zelda was the best since with the bonus disks is had the most versions. That would have been a more fun debate. Or, like one replyer wanted to do before editing his post, why not just dispense with the console classifications altogether?

In the most liberal sense (not limiting to even Nintendo systems) Zelda Classic is the best. Besides the original two quests, hundreds are available for download. Additionally you can make your own (why do you think hundreds of quests are available :p)?

Personally as far as N64 goes I would say OOT. It was just more fun IMO even though it didn't have Link turning into beings of other races.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
OoT was a milestone, I had wait for this one years!
From the first pic to the cartridge in my N64... it was a long time, but great to play it.
And now I still have to say: it's one of the greatest games ever made and the best Zelda one... but wait for the Realistic, because I think there will be another big hype, the the release date will be later and later (you all know Miyamoto-san and BigN) and if it's released all people will say again: yeah, the time I have waiting for it were counting for much!

revl8er

That Damn Good
I am embarassed to say that I haven't even took the time to finish either one of the n64 games, but from what I have played, OOT is far better story wise but Majora's Mask has it beat in gfx. I still pick OOT over the 2 but none of them even compare to Link to the Past IMO.

Clements

Ocarina of Time, completed it at least three times with all heart containers. I could not be bothered to play through MM again, the 3 day thing ruined the gameplay since you had to rush the game to complete the dungeons in time.

Martin

Administrator
Quvack said:
graphics wise Majora's Mask is more polished (due to exp pack support, etc..) but overall I'd have to say OoT, its just one of those games that is 'wow'. And its more fun to hack around with :p

However your post is pretty off-topic for this forum, it should be under General N64 Stuff, not the PJ forum.

/me moves

Siro_21

All the Zelda games have been classics in their own right and what keeps them apart from other games is its replayability which only a few other games possess.Having played all the zelda's there is a sense of respect for all of them in my heart regardless which one is better or not.The Zelda series of games are all classics in their own right but if one of them would grab my vote it would be Zelda:Ocarina Of Time. :)

Siro

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Clements said:
Ocarina of Time, completed it at least three times with all heart containers. I could not be bothered to play through MM again, the 3 day thing ruined the gameplay since you had to rush the game to complete the dungeons in time.
You could slow time and you would have lots of time to finish them. Oh, indeed, first time I played I hadn't any problem when I slowed down time.
In sense, majora's mask has better gfx and better gameplay (it's true!) but the story sucks really bad. OoT had better story and was longer, but it flopped as well.
Any recent zelda game has just flopped, I'm afraid to say... the classics were the best, and still is.

-Shadow-

Banned
My Favorite zelda game is that LttP port for the GBA . I prefer it to the SNES version , because there are also some extra-dungeons which are even more challenging .

I prefer LttP to those 3D zelda games , because it's more challenging . OOT for example , is much too easy , there wasn't ANY tricky room/boss in the whole game . Master quest has even been made easier for guys who have a non-stick Gamepad :p Majora's mask is harder than OOT , but still easier to beat than LttP . Since Zelda got 3D , it's really not the same ! But the 3D zeldas got their good sides . They got beatiful Graphics :p and nice in-game sequences .

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
To each his own, lttp is definatly a fantastic game i beat it once hehe, however I have to say I found the 3D ones a lot more fun than it even if they didn't last as long.

Majora's Mask's story doesn't suck, a super powerful mask bringing a moon down to destroy the world is no worse than a super powerful caped goon using the Triforce of power to destroy the world, in fact Majora's Mask actually was more impending doom than OOT's story, that in a sense made it a bit more interesting! Majora's mask is darker than OOT.

Granted MM doesn't follow Zelda's traditional style storys where you actually have Zelda in it, but If i have to choose OOT over MM i'd probably choose MM.

I don't believe OOT flopped, if I remember correctly, it sold fantasticly well, it got in the world records for the biggest amount of pre-orders (dunno if it still is but it definatly did).

A definition of Flop is "To fail utterly", can you honestly say Any of the zelda games fall in that category? none of them have failed in sales or gameplay that badly so far.

I've played worse than OOT, Wind waker and Majoras Mask.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
No, the triforce has ALWAYS been an artifact on the hyrule kingdom, so I don't find it strange that some idiot finds it and becomes all-powerful. I find it a better story than an imp who steals an all-powerful mask and Link who constantly has to revert time to get it back.
And there were other annoyances with it as well, but... MM was good, better than zelda in gameplay, but the story sucked IMO.

OoT flopped IMO. It was great thought and the system was totally new and the first appearence in 3d, and anyone could've made mistakes then... but let's face it: OoT was TOO easy, and less intruiging than other games I find it. More and more nowadays, games gets easier and easier. I can remember the old games where you had to truly be a master to complete some.
It does not matter if it was liked by the public - because most they see nowadays is the incredible 3d graphics and freedom! :yucky:

There's one for you... a valliant effort, but doomed to fail. I can only hope that the new zelda for the cube will remedy the mistakes of its predecers. The zelda games has been steadily declining these last years... it's sad, really.

-Shadow-

Banned
Sayargh said:
A definition of Flop is "To fail utterly", can you honestly say Any of the zelda games fall in that category? none of them have failed in sales or gameplay that badly so far.

doom , read this quote closely ! Do you really think OoT or MM are falling into this category ? Ok , the games are too easy for my taste , but they are looking beautiful and they are really no bad games !

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
The Ocarina of Time, easy? I think someone forgets the dreaded Water Temple. ;) Ocarina was acceptably easy a lot of the time, it just meant getting onto the next potentially jaw-dropping section was more likely for a lot of people at the time. The game had more longevity than probably any other too.
Overall I'd go with TOOT as the better of the two, simply because hacking around is still a lot of fun, and the game had so many stand out unforgettable moments. 3D had rarely been so beautiful, the day/night cycle was wonderful, original bosses... ah, happy memories.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Games will be easier and easier... and that's bad!
I remember a long time ago, I was playing FF7 (okay... wrong topic, but have to say that), beat the last boss, but there was always more: chocobos (the gold one) the two weapons (diamond and ruby if I remember the right way) and I was playing and playing hours and hours... and these last challanges were really really hard! but now? I complete a game and it's complete! No new challanges, no things I never seen before?! I always miss these things in Zelda. But MM was a step in the right way: you could complete the game, but never seen all the things, you always have to search, to find all mask etc. (okay you have to search the heart pieces in every game, after you finish the game, or did anyone collect them before?). The best longplay (but warning, not difficult, it's easy like all these others... :() had the "oracles" ones.
Oppinions!?