What's new

which video card are the cheap and fast and good gfx

who makes good fast and keep video cards

• ati, and tell what type here and why.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • nvidia geforce and tell what type here and why.

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

mainframe19

which video card are the cheap and fast and good gfx for running emulation

i mean like for playing ps1 games and n64 games, i wanted a card tha will meat the next gen. of emulators! ati 's or nvidia's geforces??

and it must have shadeing! like the ngc can do.

Last edited:

jollyrancher

You should check these forums for past video card discussions... there are only about 10-20 threads on this topic. If you want a legitamate answer then you need to be really specific.... exact price you want to pay, what games you want to play, what your system specs are and what kind of performance you expect. Otherwise the fanboys will just give you nonsense answers.

pandamoan

Banned
a geforce 4 mx is cheap, rock solid and will run everything but tenebrae halflife 2 and doom 3.

none of those are playable anyway, really.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
ATI, i have an MX400 now, doesnt do enough for my taste, but im also buying a 9800SE this week, (and softmodding it to a Pro god willing)

CyrylTheWolf

\/\/4ND3RING \/\/0LF
*BLINX*

People... I see SO many things wrong in this thread. I am officially FRIGHTENED..

You people scare me... Heheh...

*raises a snout to the air and sniffs*

I smell...n00bishn3ss...

jollyrancher

Or maybe the sarcasm went over your head.

And I just noticed Mainframe edited his question and made it more specific. The thing is that your GF4 MX should work perfectly (well not counting the emulator's flaws) with the PSX/N64 emulators. Speed problems would be CPU related. And since the next generation of console emulators is still in the early stages, it's hard to say what type of requirements they need for shading, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they worked great with a 4ghz CPU and your GF4, however, as most emulators tend to be more CPU-dependent.

Last edited:

CyrylTheWolf

\/\/4ND3RING \/\/0LF
*nods*

I concur. The GeForceFX 5200 looks like the card to get right now. It's what I'm getting as soon as I can pull up the funds. (My onboard GF4 MX SUCKS. HORRIBLE memory bandwidth since it's using the system memory...)

But yeah... If it's a damn good card you want for the buck...then the GFFX 5200 is the ticket. Find yourself the MSI version if you can. MSI makes some of the best cards on the market right now. The benchmarks prove it.

Locally for me it's priced at a mere $130. I've seen it running in a lesser system than mine and it 0WNZ my system for graphics. (My system runs damn nice otherwise...)

I'm thinking of selling my server just to get it...it looked so damn good. Heh.. Just a little AMD K6-2 w/256MB PC100. Using it as my dialup server and domain controller. But I know that it'll pull me enough $$$ to get that card... (For which I will feel guilty for not using it to pay some bills later. *shrugs* Oh well.)

*waves two fingers in front of your face and speaks in a calm tone*

You WILL buy the GeForce FX 5200... *grins*

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
All this maniacal GEFORCE FX 5200 shit makes me want to cry.

GeForce MX400 -> FX5200 is a downgrade. Not an upgrade. :\ Seriously. Look at some comparative benchmarks.

The FX5200 Ultra isn't much better, either.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
CyrylTheWolf said:
*BLINX*

People... I see SO many things wrong in this thread. I am officially FRIGHTENED..

You people scare me... Heheh...

*raises a snout to the air and sniffs*

I smell...n00bishn3ss...

You think I'm a n00b? I feel sorry for you.

flow``

flow``
how many threads do we have to have regarding the best video card to choose?

nvidia 5700 ultra or radeon 9600/9700 pro, whatever brand you like best

anything very high end is a ripoff, anything low end is a dumb so-called' upgrade'

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Tagrineth said:
You think I'm a n00b? I feel sorry for you.

It pains me to admit this, but without a doubt, Tagrineth knows more about 3D cards than anybody on this forum by far.