What's new

What's your national holiday ?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
for a change a little cultural topic !
Today (July 14th) in france it's the national holiday, and i'm just wondering what the other country use as their national holiday. So can you describe in a few lines what is it in your own country ?

In France it is the Bastille day during the french revolution:
Bastille Day is the symbol of the end of the Monarchy and the beginning of the First Republic.
It is because this national holiday is rooted in the history of the birth of the Republic that it has great significance.

What's the Bastille ?
The Bastille was a royal jail. It was in the Bastille that the king sent people without any reason (just because he was the king). During the Bastille day, revolutionary people have liberated Bastille's prisonner.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
well i think everyone knows that the 4th of July is Independence Day in America. FREEDOM!!!! BABY!!!!!!!!! (dont even go there 2fast4u, i mean from England not techinal "Freedom" to do as we please)

Butthole59

3DO Fanboy
Province: St-Jean-Baptiste's day june 24

and for the record Malcolm* Canada in 1867 became a Dominiom it only became a country Decembre 11 1931

*Dawm will i ever learn someday it's malcolm not malcom dawm malcom in the middle show

Last edited:

2fast4u

yum yum, culture ;)

ok, here we go: october 3rd is the day of the reunificaton of germany (that means the east and west part) in 1990. shortly after the berlin wall came down on november 9th, 1989 ... thats about all there is to it guess.