What's new

What Video Card Works The Best For Project64?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clements

You fail to see my point. 1280x1024 doesn't rock so much when you have a decent card that can handle 1600x1200 or more. When using a low resolution, you have a big CPU bottleneck with almost all games, even stuff like Doom 3. The high end cards only really shine at high resolutions if you look at any hardware benchmark site (16x12 for 6800 Ultra, 20x15 for the 7800 GTX, SLi solutions), where they leave cheaper cards in the dust. If you are playing at a lower resolution, then a cheaper card would give the same performance and you have wasted a ton of money.

It's like having a Creative X-fi in conjunction with poor-quality stereo speakers = a waste.

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
Clements said:
£ is a pound sign. The pound is the unit of currency in the United Kingdom (and also many other countries such as Cyprus, Egypt, Ireland, Sudan, Syria etc.).

At current exchange rates, 1 english pound is around 1.8 US dollars.

thanks, thanks now i know what that means the guy who built my pc said they are in the testing process right now and i should have it by next saturday :)
he said he can get me a Geforce 6660 For $50 is that a good deal ?

Clements

SithLord666 said:
thanks, thanks now i know what that means the guy who built my pc said they are in the testing process right now and i should have it by next saturday :)
he said he can get me a Geforce 6660 For $50 is that a good deal ?

Sounds like a great deal. I'd go for that, it's much better than the other cards that you have mentioned so far.

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
Clements said:
Sounds like a great deal. I'd go for that, it's much better than the other cards that you have mentioned so far.

sweet! you think it will play Halo And Games Like That Without Lag?

Clements

The 9200SE is not so good. Only supports DX8.1 (unlike a GeForce 6xxx which support DX9.0c) and has 64-bit memory, so is very slow. Not quite as slow as your TNT2, but still very slow.

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
ah ok thanks for that, im not good with video cards im a tech but i do a lot of the older systems lmao its gonna be weird getting to know a new motherboard and video cards.
yea My TNT2 Model works well for some games but its pretty slow,
i have $150 to spend on More Memory And A Graphics Card Next Month on my birthday :)

Clements said:
The 9200SE is not so good. Only supports DX8.1 (unlike a GeForce 6xxx which support DX9.0c) and has 64-bit memory, so is very slow. Not quite as slow as your TNT2, but still very slow.

hey what about this card? its 265MB very cheap price!
here the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
mix said:
Don't get it. My brother has one and it's sloooooooooow.

what do you reccomend then? i mean for that price. i can get one on newegg.com for cheaper $50 and i hear it works good, most my friends have that card, and they can play halo vice city etc games like that really well!

xneoangel

Persona User
With a Radeon 9250 you will be able to run today games but at low detail and resolution so if you can get a Geforce 6600 for 50$ go for it its much much better than those cards you have mentioned.

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned

LinkTheHero

Princeofpersia
but that crad is crap compeard to the geforce 6600Gt and the redeon is a derctx 8 card come on the geforce 6600gt is really good and only 50$

Clements

The Radeon 9250 is simply a downclocked Radeon 9200. All 92xx variants are either slow or very slow and none have DX9 compliance.

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
LinkTheHero said:
but that crad is crap compeard to the geforce 6600Gt and the redeon is a derctx 8 card come on the geforce 6600gt is really good and only 50$

well ive searched for it on ebay, and the price is not $50 a lot of times the prices are $100 to $120 i mean its really hard to find a video card for the price that i can afford, anyway thanks, i i willl search for some more

blah im having trouble looking for a good video card :(

and also wondering about the Geforce 6200 is that good? here a link to!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150107

Last edited by a moderator:

Clements

6200 is good, many times faster than FX 5500 and Radeon 92xx. Scores up to 2000 in 3DMark05 and supports SM3.0 and HDR. The 128MB doesn't appear to be much cheaper, so I guess the 256MB version is still worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.