What's new

what vid card is better?

gokuss4

Meh...
a geforce 3 ti500, or a geforce 4 ti4200? i dont know which one would be better, (IMO its a gf4 ti4200 but its cheaper than the gf3 ti500)

Reznor007

The 4200 is better in my opinion. It has dual vertex shaders, compared the the GF3's single one. And more stuff...but I don't feel like typing it out.

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
A little while ago I read an article about the Geforce 4 performance's and it's performance was barely as good as a Geforce 3 (Or am I mistaken here ??? )

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
comparing those 2 cards is like comparing the geforce2 ultra to the geforce3 ti200.
one card is clocked higher while the other has better features.
id go with the better features so go with the geforce4 ti4200 (wich is in fact alot faster than the geforce3 ti500)

the ti4200 is gonna be better value for money in my opinion for two reasons

1) it'll prolly be quite over clockable
2) the ti4xxx series have undergone some nice architechural changes increasing performance significantly

and if the 4200 is cheaper then the ti300 then id go with the geforce 4 :)

Reznor007

Any of the Geforce4 series would be best. However do not buy a Geforce4 MX. It is just a renamed Geforce2.

linker

Emutalk Member
Reznor007 said:
Any of the Geforce4 series would be best. However do not buy a Geforce4 MX. It is just a renamed Geforce2.
I wonder why nvidia decided to name it geforce 4mx. geforce 3mx or geforce2mx600 would do the work.

Trotterwatch

I reckon you should get yourself an S3 Virge, the best graphics card you can get.....:devil:

But if you had to choose between a GeForce 3 ti500, or a Geforce 4 ti4200, I'd go for the GeForce 4 definately.

Eddy

I Run This
and btw linker, my blind def and dumb grandmother has better combos than those cheap mk4 combos you got going on :D