What's new

What the heck happened to the sound?!

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Okay, there's a really screwed up problem with my PC's sound. I got on my computer just now and when I tried loading a few songs, they wouldn't play back, and when I tried play Kega Fusion, the sound was forced to "Disable". But the weird thing is, I still hear normal Windows sounds, such as the click when a folder's opened. What the holy freakin' heck is going on!? The Sound Device Manager says "No Device Selected'. I just got off work, so I have no idea what the crap's going on.

Trotterwatch

You could try:

Start>Run>Services.msc>Windows audio service>Ensure it is set to Started, may be worth stopping and starting it manually

Also check: Start>Run>Eventvwr and check to see if there are any entries relating to your problems in the event log.

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Wha!?! It's worked?! Holy crap, thanks Trotterwatch! Something must've disabled the Windows Audio Service, but hey, I know how to fix it next time.

Rom Manic

*SYSTEM ERROR*
I was gonna say restart the computer because that happens to me sometimes (Not in Kega, but you know :) ), but that works too. Ty Trotter :D