What's new

What should I get...

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
Well yesterday all iwanted was money, as me and the family are goin to seattle and new york for 2 weeks startin this wednesday, and i got $950 dollars in total :D Now I'm goin to get either an ipod photo or a regular 4g ipod, not sure yet, if any1's got either of 'em let me know how they are, but i dont know wot else to get, so any ideas??

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
I wouldn't buy an ipod, ok, it has got capacity for +10000 songs, but who needs that much!? I would buy an Mp3-player with 512-1gig storage for a human price. You could also upgrade your PC. Or buy some beer...

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
Beer....I like it!:D I already had a 3G ipod and i thought it was gr8, but i sold it on ebay cos i wanted th enew one that had better battery life, and i was gonna ge tthe 4G 20GB ipod, but now that i've got more money than i though ti would have, im thinkin, screw that and get the photo model! So i will get that, and i suppose i could get the Geforce 6600 GT...

sheik124

Emutalk Member
don't get the photo, for gods sake, don't
just get a 4G 20GB or a 40GB, Photo is a waste of money IMO, there are other players with color screens that cost as much as normal iPods (iRiver H320)
personally, I'm picking up a 4G U2 iPod

JinXD

What's the point in buying for the sake of buying, you sound like a woman!

I'd advise keeping the money aside and waiting til there is something you need!

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
i know, if i knew at the time athlon 64's were faster than pentium's i would have got one, but i didnt so now i'm kickin myself over it, so i'm just keepin it for the time bein, but my 5600 ultra is bottleneckin my comp, like when i play the half lfie 2 demo i have to get it all on low to make it run ok

sheik124

Emutalk Member
grab a 6600GT AGP, then later when you move on to a PCIe system (be it P4 or AMD64) you can get a highend gfx card. so i guess 4G 20GB iPod + 6600GT AGP

sheik124

Emutalk Member
DarthDazDC said:
or 40gb ipod photo wiv 6600 GT....
iPod Photo = Waste of Money
If you need a color screen, get an iRiver H320 (H340 if you need 40 gigs), its a much better deal

smcd

From your multiple posts saying the photo ipod, it seems your mind is already made up. Kind of pointless to open a thread asking for suggestions if that's the case.

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
Well, I came back a few hours back, im shattered, hungry, and i've got school tommora, which is a pain. But I got the 40gb ipod photo, hich is great, and ive been given a digi camra, which i'll be uploadin all my photoes to the ipod, and as i spent the money only on the ipod, im gonna put the rest in the bank, so any mod can now lock this, and thanx for ur suggestions.