What's new

What happened to Naomi?

Heinster

One moment there was talk about naomi next thing I know Guru removed everything and there hasn't bee said a word about it..... Is the NAOMI part dead?

OP
Heinster

Heinster

I wasn't asking for updates I just wanted to be sure if it's still alive or not... Even when I don't see anything for a hals year that would be fine..... But the complete NAOMI buzz was gone so I'm just checking....

BTW with the link you gave me I still haven't really got an answer :p

Shuyin_DX

Harder,better,faster,stro nger
You will get your answer when the new version of chankast comes out.

BTW:Isn't the NAOMI bios on a p2p network or something.

Last edited:

DarkKnight38

The original
so... what is alive to you? They're working on it. They don't need to be talking about it to be working on it. The fact that they said they're working on it should tell you that naomi emulation is indeed, being worked on and is alive. I don't quite get what you're asking if it isn't this.

OP
Heinster

Heinster

Very simple: I asked whatever happened cause one moment emulationworld is on fire, Guru shows his head and we see screenshots..... The next moment MAMEdev is crying for the fact that it's too early and Guru closes the link to the dumpstatus of Naomi and all is suddenly quiet....

With those signs and the things said it wouldn't be impossible that the Chankast team things "well perhaps they're right let's leave it for now, or just "screw them we are on a roll baby"....

So I'm just asking if they are still going to continue or are putting it asside for now....

Evrain

The Forbidden One
NAOMI games are not exactly the simplest thing to dump (I laid my hands on a few cabinets, yesterday *hihihi*), and this is even more true for NAOMI type 2. I can't see anything wrong in adding code for this system, due to the lack of actual game code to run it with: and MAMEdev should think more about their sources rather than scream at people emulating "new" systems. Last time I checked the src, the code for 2001+ games was there, and then the files were replaced with clean versions: so they should think twice before pointing an accusing finger.
Evrain