What's new

... What DOES P64 1.7 fix?

FlotsamX

It fixes errors in individual games, like Pokemon Snap and Resident Evil 2, but what about more general things? I've looked all over the place (INCLUDING SEARCH), but I found no information about things such as the framebuffer problems in several games, such as "Doubutsu No Mori", "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time", and "Banjo Kazooie", nor advancement in specialized GENERAL compatability, such as microphone support for "Hey You, Pikachu!". Does anyone know what P64 1.7 will have judging by the beta, other than just being able to play a few sub-standard Star Wars games?

(Please no flaming about me not understanding the emulation process, I know I don't, but I'm just brainstorming)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Sorry, but I think we are not allowed to talk here about the features the 1.7 beta offers... you could visit the main page, there are also some "public" news, but most of them are for the beta testers/members only and I think that's probably the reason why you couldn't found informations on this board.

mudlord

Banned
Yes, pretty much information is tied under a NDA of sorts, so we can't give any precise info on what is exactly going on. Same goes for the other emulator I am beta testing....Sure, some basic info can be told, but thats the extent.

OP
F

FlotsamX

Ah... well, what is considered "basic info"? You can't tell us any major things it fixes?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Pokemon Snap : FBE's work in Pokemon Album, camera activated events still don't.
Hey You Pikachu - UNSUPPORTED, theres currently no way to emulate the microphone, bar using adaptoid.
Jet Force Gemini - Light sources work properly now,.. rain still incorrectly, coloured, Floyd Hud, still not emulated
Legend of Zelda, Majora's Mask Camera now works properly.

Past that, theres not much more information to give out atm.

squall_leonhart

im sure mario tennis was mentioned somewhere. it might be working a bit better.

its not just games either, theres a few new features in the program itself which i can't go into ;)

OP
F

FlotsamX

Well, if you're allowed to mention specific games, would you be able to tell me if the framebuffer issues in Doubutsu No Mori are fixed? If you aren't able to, it's alright: I'll wait. >.>

Elite Knight

Nintedo Fan Mad
Only giving two games.

Paper Mario Flickering Fixed.
Mario Tenis A few things but alot slower.

Even on my pc's my best one i get 32fps at top my worst 2-6fps.

squall_leonhart

for some reason, Mario tennis is defaulting to using the interpreter, even when set to recompiler.

this is the cause of the slow downs... im looking into it.

ok, i have found something to do with it, i've managed to increase its speed by about 25%

the fix has been posted at the beta forums

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

Only giving two games.

Paper Mario Flickering Fixed.
Mario Tenis A few things but alot slower.

Even on my pc's my best one i get 32fps at top my worst 2-6fps.

for those with mario tennis issues in PJ64 1.6

use this

[3A6C42B5-1ACADA1B-C:4A]
Good Name=Mario Tennis (J)
Internal Name=MarioTennis64
Internal Name=MarioTennis
RDRAM Size=8
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=16kbit Eeprom
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Change Memory
Use TLB=Yes
Linking=Off
Status=Issues (plugin)
Plugin Note=[video] (see GameFAQ)
Reg Cache=Yes
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Use Large Buffer=No
Core Note=
Clear Frame=0
Self Texture=0
Primary Frame Buffer=0
Resolution Width=-306
Resolution Height=-1
Culling=1
Emulate Clear=0
Audio Signal=No

[5001CF4F-F30CB3BD-C:45]
Good Name=Mario Tennis (U)
RDRAM Size=8
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=16kbit Eeprom
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Change Memory
Use TLB=Yes
Linking=Off
Status=Issues (plugin)
Plugin Note=[video] (see GameFAQ)
Reg Cache=Yes
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Use Large Buffer=No
Core Note=
Clear Frame=0
Self Texture=0
Primary Frame Buffer=0
Resolution Width=306
Resolution Height=-1
Culling=1
Emulate Clear=0
Audio Signal=No

im not sure what happened with the resolution width but if i set it to anything other then 306, then its either too big or the right hand side isn't rendered completely.

as the GameFAQ also says, enable Force Alpha blending, and to kick it up a notch, up the PJ64 process priority (it really helps)

A.I.

Banned

I meant flotsam&bots* may have (E) ROM which might explain why it's running slower even with force blender on.

I don't have issues with speed but it's those annoying glitchy replays that piss me off. Wish there was an option in the game to turn them off.

*Harry Potter

Elite Knight

Nintedo Fan Mad
Heres how to fix the speed in 1.6 Video.

Turn on Force Alpha Blending.
And Direct3D Transformation Pipline. This also helps with some of the effects.

And if Also if u want smother in 1.6 mainly 1.7 turn counterfactor down to 1 squall told me that last night on msn.

See if that helps.