What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

cyclonmaster

elektrixxx said:
You can make one yourself using the controller plugin's modifiers. I made one a couple of years ago specifically for goldeneye, and it played almost like a normal FPS for PC.

Where is it anyway? Had u release it?

flowrent

Add intermediate resolutions between 800x600-->1024x768-->1280x1024-->1600x1200 or give the opportunity to create custom ones.
These help a lot in windowed mode,better control over your other running applications:instant messaging etc...
Why bigger window again?Because the existing ones are so small..a 800x600 window on 1024x768 looks just too small.
And yeah,pre-defined plugin and keys settings for each game would be incredible :)

apzrman

Banned
Clements said:
You can already walk by either using an analog pad, or adjusting the deadzone in the Input Settings.
I tried both. My characters still run. would this mean that i'd have 2 use a different plugin? i'm using the n-rage's input8.

Imhotep

Just one wish here: A new option like

"Use ESC to quit game & PJ64" (check/uncheck maybe in advanced settings)

avoiding the list of games (like after pressing F12) or switching to window mode. This option would make PJ64 much easier to integrate into multi-emu frontends.

Pretty please? :bouncy:

Foxmoor

Silence is gold...
Hello PJ64 Team! First of all, i have to say that your emu is awesome! I like it very much, is my favourite N64 emu! The only thing i 'd like to be included in the next ver is support for Taz Express! I don't have anything else to add as most of them have been already implemented! Good work guys! Keep goin' !

Bye,
Foxmoor

undertaker 666

Angelus The Reaper
build in online play, the hi res textures replacement was already done by rice, but if you think you can do better it's great. but mostly online play.

Last edited:

Clements

For those that suggested 64DD support - there are several problems with that, like:

- no developer has a 64DD, and they are rare and expensive.
- no documentation is available to my knowledge.
- no disk dumps, so nothing to reverse engineer.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
CF2 said:
Oooh, I got one! Faster and better framebuffer support (ex: full speed jigsaw puzzles in banjo-tooie). It has to be possible because a lot of it is already done in Orkin's plugins.
Erm, they are already full speed in Banjo-Tooie in 1.6 :p - they just have some funky colours on em. I believe you mean Banjo-Kazooies level change effect. On the note of Banjo-tooie, I want the crashing issue fixed and that funky colour on the framebuffer gone. :D

(I ask for way too much)

Aekeron

Hmm, what I'd really like to see is a fairly small improvement - retention of PJ64's settings between windows reinstalls.

At the moment, whenever I reinstall windows, I have to re-setup some of thePJ64 options (even though I keep PJ64 in a folder seperate to my system drive and it's obviously not changed in any way during the reinstall).

This is assuming I'm not being an idiot and getting mixed up with ePSXe :p

Last edited:

Clements

Aekeron said:
Hmm, what I'd really like to see is a fairly small improvement - retention of PJ64's settings between windows reinstalls.

At the moment, whenever I reinstall windows, I have to re-setup some of thePJ64 options (even though I keep PJ64 in a folder seperate to my system drive and it's obviously not changed in any way during the reinstall).

This is, assuming I'm not being an idiot and getting mixed up with ePSXe :p

You are right. Yes, it is feasible to create custom reg file installers to retain configs, but it would be better if PJ64 did not use the registry and used ini files instead, as these are easy to copy/paste, and the custom reg installer would need to be updated every time you change an option etc. unlike an ini file.

Also, ini files could have advanced custom settings not found in the GUI, which can easily be edited without opening a registry editor.

Last edited:

corazon912

I actually like the idea of having a controller showing when configuring a controller. Its more natural for me anyway, to see the picture and know that what I'm hitting will control that button. Of course I wish I had a real N64 controller with USB plug, that would be best.
I don't see the point in having PJ64 skinnable, though I do enjoy programs that skin, it doesn't seem necessary here. Though agree the logo looks old.
I don't like the idea of changing ESC to quit the program, as I use it to go back and forth from fullscreen quite nicely.
Like plugins and controller settings for each rom remembered.
Netplay sounds fine, though I haven't had an opportunity to try it.

Not sure what features I would suggest that haven't been already though.

Shinigamiv7

Firstly, thanks for receiving suggestions, and for creating such a great emulator as PJ64.

I'd like to suggest Dolby Surround support for capable games. (maybe using an spdif digital output? ·_·)

gandalf

Member ready to help
What about an feature like "simulate overscan" like Direct 64?
better Frame Buffers, for example, in Banjo Kazooie i see the buffers a little "blocky" and in Zelda too.

PrineOfPersia

Agozer said:
Transfer Pak support is already in the N-Rage plugin. Doesn't it work with Pokémon Stadium?

Really? Can i switch the Pokemons from GameboyGames to Pokemon Stadium?
Great, i must test it and save some Saves with Mew!

thx
PrineOfPersia

Ps.:
Sorry, my comments are very short, thats only because of my bad English! *gg*

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
PrineOfPersia said:
Really? Can i switch the Pokemons from GameboyGames to Pokemon Stadium?
Great, i must test it and save some Saves with Mew!
Well, I haven't tested it myself but it should be fully functional.

Clements

The only thing that does not work with N-Rage's transfer pak emulation and Pokemon Stadium is the Pokemon Tower. That is a PJ64 issue, although using a GB emulator is better.

Imhotep

corazon912 said:
I don't like the idea of changing ESC to quit the program, as I use it to go back and forth from fullscreen quite nicely.

Great. Now if you read my post again, you will discover that I suggested to have an "OPTION" for that feature. If you don't like it, don't check it? Hint hint?

:baaa: