What's new

what controller plugin to use?

zamac_man

I have a gamecube controller that I am using. It works fine with jabos directinput7 1.5 but no rumble. When I use nrages newest one it rumbles but I can't controll in the game. I can use the joystick to choose stuff in mario kart but he wont steer. In 007 goldneye he wont walk forward or backwards

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Are you sure you configured the analog control stick in n-rage's, _not_ the d-pad? It is an easy mistake to make.

OP
Z

zamac_man

CF2 said:
Are you sure you configured the analog control stick in n-rage's, _not_ the d-pad? It is an easy mistake to make.

I changed the digital pad to numbers on the keypad and analog stick to the analog stick. It works on mario kart but on goldeneye he won't walk forward. He just looks up down, and to the right and left. the number pad does not even work. THere are other games that it does not work right on. I will just go without rumble for a while

Last edited:

Clements

The only things I can think of for the Goldeneye prob is that you are pressing the C-Buttons to move forward instead of what you mapped for the stick, or you changed the controller style in-game to 1.2 or some such. Make sure it's on 1.1 if that's the case. I guess you haven't tried PJ64 1.6...? It comes with an updated Jabo Input plugin to 1.6 with rumble support which you can try out as well.

OP
Z

zamac_man

I got pj1.6 but it does not have jabos 1.6, just 1.5. is there anywhere i can download the plugin. I cant find the spot

Allnatural

zamac_man said:
I got pj1.6 but it does not have jabos 1.6, just 1.5. is there anywhere i can download the plugin. I cant find the spot
Referring to one of the available video plugins perhaps? If you downloaded PJ64 from the official site, you have the v1.6 input plugin.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
zamac_man said:
I changed the digital pad to numbers on the keypad and analog stick to the analog stick. It works on mario kart but on goldeneye he won't walk forward. He just looks up down, and to the right and left. the number pad does not even work. THere are other games that it does not work right on. I will just go without rumble for a while
On mario kart the "up" button doesn't actually do anything in game, only left and right are needed. up is only really used in the menus.