What's new

What aspect ratio screen(s) do you use for PJ64?

What are the aspect ratios of the screens you use for PJ64?

• Total voters

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Please check *all* the ones you use!
You only get one chance to vote. If you make a mistake tell me and i'll edit the poll
(although your name seems to stay where it was, that's why the names e.g. Martin and numbers don't match..)

I'd be interested to know what sort of displays people are using when they play games on PJ64.

If you use several resolutions on one screen, pick the one you use for playing games fullscreen.

If you have an LCD or similar screen with a specific native resolution, it would be best to give us that, refer to the manual if need be (you should almost always be using the native res anyway with this type of screen!)

If you don't know your aspect, please don't guess! Aspect ratio can be found by putting native horizontal resolution over native vertical resolution, assuming the pixels are square (which i believe all computer displays still are?).

edit: i redid the poll to allow multiple choices, no-one had voted yet afaik.

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
Damn it, was too quick to vote. I accidently voted 19:9 while my resolution is 16:10. I'll see if I can change the poll. :)

1920x1200 here (LCD)

EDIT: Fixed. :)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
hi hey how did you edit that i was looking for a way to edit polls, is it admins only?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
16:10 for me too, on my laptop's LCD 1280x800 screen (although I might also use the original 4:3 for some games). Widescreen rocks as long as an application supports it and you don't have to strech the screen... :)

Edit: I just noticed that Martin's vote is wrong (the vote counts on the 16:10 ratio but shows up on the 4:3 ratio).

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
Smiff said:
hi hey how did you edit that i was looking for a way to edit polls, is it admins only?

PsyMan: Nope, my vote is correct. I didn't vote 4:3, there were already a few votes on 4:3 before mine. I removed 1 from 16:9 and added 1 to 16:10. :)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i don't seem to have that edit poll option (?), Martin i may be asking you to correct things later :p

edit: thanks martin, might be handy of somene screws up and tells me.

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
Smiff said:
i don't seem to have that edit poll option (?), Martin i may be asking you to correct things later :p
Ah, must be a moderator thing then, all admins can change it. I'll give you the option. :p

EDIT: Fixed

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
4:3 (1024x768) is the resolution I tend to use for all games, including pj and other emulators when I use them.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
just sending this back up, we want lots of people (hundreds) to respond to make this meaningful.
thanks.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Smiff, Are you only wanting what we currently use or also what we would like to see implemented?

I normally play 4:3 @ 1024x768 full screen or 4:3 640x480 window.

I would love to be able to play 4:3 or 16:9 full screen at 1024x768, 2048x768, 3072x768, and 4096x768, so I can spread the love across multiple monitors. ;)

ToninhoFWi

Sniff, I vote for 16:9, because I have a widescreen HDTV and I use Radeon YPbPr Adapter and progressive scan. Looks superb.

Toninho.