What's new

Weird problem with Windows Media

-Shadow-

Banned
Whenever i want to play any game which uses windows media ( Sonic Adventure DX , Restricted Area ) or when i want to watch a Windows media Video on IE, Mozilla or Opera the Game or browser just crashes to desktop , as soon as the WinMedia Element has to be played .

I already tried reinstalling Media player and the reinstalling the games , with no success , i'm at the end of my knowledge , any suggestions for that ?

Thanks in advance !

sheik124

Emutalk Member
move to linux :D (edit by Trotterwatch: no don't, Linux sucks balls as does Sheik) (edit by Eagle: Linux is awesome, Trotterwatch is just Bill Gates whipping boy :p)

seriously though, you should consider it (boo), as far as the problem you are stating goes, MS actually has an update for this on their website, it involves Games crashing during startup videos or something like that, windowsupdate is a virtue

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
Nah , there's still no need for linux, windows is not really crap as some people say , it's just an art to harness its tendencies for errors and bugs ;) I reinstalled WMP 9 from the Sonic DX CD and found a WMP specific Win update , this fixed the problem for me ;) I previously Dl'ed the WMP installation ( to reinstall WMP ) elsewhere , so i think that file was corrupted or something .

Thanks for the tip !

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
OMG M$ HATORZ LIKES TEH WINDOWZZZZ!?!?!?!?!

NO WINDOWZZZZ IS EVIL SO IS BILLL GATES THEY ALL NEED TO DIE M$ SuXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
What has linux got to do with this thread, this is clearly a windows problem that can and has been resolved, As far as linux goes, you can't even play the games that Shadow was on about so why bother mentioning it? Maybe you can use dodgy WINEX to do it but thats besides the point isn't it.

OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
cooliscool said:
OMG M$ HATORZ LIKES TEH WINDOWZZZZ!?!?!?!?!

NO WINDOWZZZZ IS EVIL SO IS BILLL GATES THEY ALL NEED TO DIE M$ SuXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crylol.gif