What's new

VisualBoyAdvance-Zelda four swords question.

InuyashaTaishou

You callin' me a dog?!?!?
Hey, I have a small question, which will most likely come out with a long answer. How do you play Zelda, four swords on the visualboy advance? Thanks in advance for replies!

Cyberman

Welcome to Emutalk,
You have posted in the WRONG FORUM your question, thus I will MOVE it to the right forum! This is a General Game Boy Advance question, therefore it belongs in that specific forum.

As for how to use it... have you ever used VBA before?

Cyb

OP
InuyashaTaishou

InuyashaTaishou

Sorry, I have a Gameshark link as well as being familiar with VBA, do you have a driver and/or .dll to connect a GBA to VBA as an Adaptoid? Maybe a sneaky emu?... -----------{]=

Last edited:

Cyberman

I believe the only way is to read the VBA FAQ.
My guess is you are attempting to play Four Swords with VBA over the link cable with your GBA. I don't believe this will work ... sorry. It's a high speed 4mbit per second proprietary serial bus. It sends 8 or 32 bits per frame, I can't remember. PC's simply do not have sub microsecond response times like the custom hardware the GBA uses for the link port. Thus even if you had say some proprietary custom designed hardware to interface the PC too it, the PC running emulation software simply cannot respond fast enough to emulate the behavior of a GBA when linked with a GBA.

That about sums the problem up.

Cyb

OP
InuyashaTaishou

InuyashaTaishou

There's still one problem. I want to play it on the emulator, but it says it is waiting for other systems. I want to play all four people, but it just searches for other systems after you press start. I read the FAQ by the way. It didn't have anything to do with my topic. I also got the link cable from my gameshark. it's a USB cable.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There is one thing... an unofficial version VBA Link or something I think? It worked for two players with two swords when I tried it last. It ONLY works if both players play on the same computer.
Four swords is meant to be played with two or more players.

OP
InuyashaTaishou

InuyashaTaishou

Could anyone explain how to do it, downloads for the hardware, anything? I have a few people telling me just to not play it, but I really want to. I don't believe I actually need to link it up to the computer (Gameboy Advance), but I'm ready to do that if it is necessary. Thanks for any help people will give me.
(I just want to play it by myself, really. But I'm sure I have a few people that would want to play it with me.)

OP
InuyashaTaishou

InuyashaTaishou

Alright, I have just gotten no$gba, and it woks waaaaaay better than the link connector. (Now I just have to solve the problem of who can play with me, I got a game over on the tutorial!) Well.... If anyone can explain to me how the VBA link works, because I got that too, and I want to understand how the stuff that I download works. (But I don't believe I can ever get goodN64, I don't know how to use DOS programs! *If it is one*)

Doomulation

Basically, you start two emulators and play zelda. I don't remember the details, but there should be readme or something. Last I tried, though, it only worked with two players. And remember--they have to play on the local computer (no playing over internet, LAN, etc).

OP
InuyashaTaishou

InuyashaTaishou

I know that it doesn't have netplay... It isn't even a Kaillera client. People I have heard though, say that people are asking for netplay compatibilities. That sounds like a neat idea. But, of course, my Kaillera doesn't even work properly with my PJ64K. I deny that it would work any better with the gameboy, although the games are less complex. Alright. I tried the VisualBoyAdvance link cable again. It didn't work. Only the active screen emulator works. Can you help me out, because I read the readme, but it was a little too technical. o_O

Doomulation

It's quite simple.
- Open two VBA Link edition emulator instances.
- Configure the controls on each.
- Open the game.
- Work your way to the "waiting for other players" screen on BOTH emulators.
- Wait.
- It will prompt you to press A. Do so.
- Now play.