What's new

Virtual PC 2007

Grizzly

Is it possible to emulate a Voodoo card with this? And I don't mean to just put a wrapper DLL into the Windows directory but to put that card also into the Hardware Manager. Because for example the Pandemonium 1 Setup doesn't let me install the Voodoo version of the game when just using a wrapper. I think it looks for the right graphic card properties or something like that.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
No, it's not possible to choose what graphics card to emulate. The graphics card that is emulated by the Virtual Machine doesn't support Aero either, btw.

OP
smcd

smcd

Is it possible to emulate a Voodoo card with this? And I don't mean to just put a wrapper DLL into the Windows directory but to put that card also into the Hardware Manager. Because for example the Pandemonium 1 Setup doesn't let me install the Voodoo version of the game when just using a wrapper. I think it looks for the right graphic card properties or something like that.

Pandemonium needs glide.dll so most common wrappers will not work for it - maybe try dgvoodoo? http://www.freeweb.hu/dege/index.html

Miretank

Lurking
Doomulation said:
No, it's not possible to choose what graphics card to emulate. The graphics card that is emulated by the Virtual Machine doesn't support Aero either, btw.
VMWare does. VMWare FTW.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
But does WMWare have the ability to share folders? To transfer files to the VM without making ISOs of it?

OP
smcd

smcd

But does WMWare have the ability to share folders? To transfer files to the VM without making ISOs of it?

Yep. You can even do this in the free vmware player - download the vmware workstation tar/gz for the linux edition (to easily extract the vmware tools iso/isos) and you can then install the expansion into vmware player - not sure about shared folders but certainly drag/drop files between VM and host along with several other niceties.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Tried it out with Vista, and created a XP system, it works fine, but it messed up my system Nforce nwtworks drivers, so I uninstalled it