What's new

video card

the master 123

What company cards(nvidia,ati, voodia) is idea for project 64 or doesn't it really matter. Also is the nvidia GeForce Go 7400 in the recommend video card range. cause my computer is using that plus
intel duel core 1.83ghz
1gb ram

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Both ATI and Nvidia are good choice, integrated chips or actual cards. Most of Intel's integrated chips are not recommended, as those will only work properly with Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin and other, older 3rd party plugins.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It depends on what you're targeting for. If you want to run games and emulators, then nvidia/ati is the way to go. If you're purely looking for N64 emulation, then a voodoo (4 or 5) is best.

OP
T

the master 123

I just want to know if this is in the recommend card area. I do play computer games, But I just want to know if this is in the recommend range.

OP
T

the master 123

i just want project 64 comparison my game performance is fine(computer games). I just want to know if I may have hardware problems. Also my video card(which is notebook) isn't on that list.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
When it comes to video cards, it's irrelevant. Anything above the minimum will play the emulator and having a better card does not improve much (all it can do it allow you to have higher AA/AF).

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
that is the wrong question ;)

a better one, is what is the best for the games you play. each game might require a different plugin. for instance... Ocarina of time looks good with rice video.. (and jabo's with the FX series) and Glide64 (either wth voodoo. or a glide wrapper) where as Majora's mask looks bad in rice video...

OP
T

the master 123

Armorines - Project S.W.A.R.M
asteroidshyper64
FZeroX
HydroThunder
Jet Force Gemini
Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (U) [!]
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest
Mario Kart 64 (U) [!]
Perfect Dark
Pokemon Stadium 2
Star Wars Episode I - Racer
starfox64
Super Smash Bros[1].
supermario64
zelda orocrin of time
star wars rogue syradon(can't get the computer and have the n64 game but want to restart and video isn't supported).
I have little trouble with most game(except the usual) and and whould like to know what is the idea plugins for the games with my specs in mind.