What's new

Video card and Oblivion problems

DDRPIP

The One and Only
my friend told me that there's a patch that can allow low rate video cards to play Oblivion without having to get a new videocard. I Have a crappy Intel Chipset family, but its got D3D... is there such a patch, if so where can i get it?

thanks

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I strongly doubt it. I looked and I found nothing except this info:

New Ultra Low Quality graphic setting available under Launcher options with improved support for low end FX cards (5700 and lower). To use this setting, go to the Launcher, select Options and click Reset to Defaults to allow the auto detect to check your system.

For Low End FX Cards, not Intel on board crappiness, sorry. More about this here. There is no patch on earth that would make Oblivion playable with an on board card like yours.

Last edited:
OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
heh yeah, I'm broke so I've been waiting to get a new video card, thanks

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There is Oldblivion. It makes the game work on older cards, but don't expect perfect graphics. It's pretty stable from what I know, but it isn't perfect nor officially supported.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
There is Oldblivion. It makes the game work on older cards, but don't expect perfect graphics. It's pretty stable from what I know, but it isn't perfect nor officially supported.

Not the one has though, taken directly from the FAQ on oldblivions webpage:

And finally, these plainly don't work:

* S3 series integrated cards
* Most Intel series integrated cards
* GeForce 4 MX series
* GeForce 4xx Go series
* GeForce 2

More here. The requirements of Oldblivion are lower, yes but not by much as far as I can see.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, intel cards are not exactly technical geniuses and weren't meant for big bang gaming. Maybe not by far now, but there was a time no Geforce FX card was supported and besides - it works on my old GF4 Ti lying around.