What's new

version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
aprentice said:
Also, the people who complain about the exe packed are the people who try to use a disassember or resource editor, otherwise, How would you know its packed? :p

lol Yes !!! those naughty Hackers. :happy:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I think if you use a hex editor, theres a word like UPX or Aspack somewhere in there, thats how you would know, :)

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
I need all the space I can get. I love it when people use UPX to compress the exes, they compress so well too. :D

OP
crewde

crewde

i check all my excutables for packing.

and an above post says that "noone else gets flamed for packing".... uHLE Alpha was originally packed until the public requested it not to be.

anyways, i unpacked the sound plugin and it is now working :) .. on my system at least. anyone else get results from unpacking, let us know

i once read an article anyways that detailed the flaws in UPX and Aspack packing, it described of few, but potentially serious flaws. though later versions of these programs promise to fix problems, other problems may occur. packing is like emulation.... it will never be perfect. the only thing perfect is the original

take my advice or not, i dont care which way u choose (b/c i can always just unpack every release u feed me and be happy with that) but im just saying, maybe ull have better experience using nothing but the source file.

Dominator, would u allow me to distribute the unpacked version of the software as a small test to see if anyone may have better results?

OP
crewde

crewde

also while im at it, u made a mistake in the ultra.ini.... under [default] u had comment = Unknown and then a few liens down there is ANOTHER comment which ='s = Not Working =

therefore, they both would cancel each other out... or does the emu read the first one? i didnt do any experimenting with that.. i just remebered i saw it n i thought id tell yu

OP
crewde

crewde

i got yet another question (lol this thread might as well be entitled "crewde's 2 cents/questions" ... but i guess its awlays good to ask alot of ?'s

anyways, ill get right down to it...

u have an internal audio option... so why was the internal grafix and internal controller config removed?

hell some people w/o a controller could play the emu right out of the box if u still used the internal basic controller config rather than making people d/l a plugin.

well there u go, i know my question really isnt like THAT important, but i figure every question is worth asking.

verta

Ive just unpacked all the files, the bad news glide still hangs, but at least I see some graphics being drawn, compared to a black screen from what I saw before.

OP
crewde

crewde

Ive just unpacked all the files, the bad news glide still hangs, but at least I see some graphics being drawn, compared to a black screen from what I saw before.

good to know, i have decided that this should be available to everyone. i have unpacked it all and packaged it up... here's the link: [removed]

we shall call this the unofficial uhle 2064 since the developing team seems to not support it.

tell me wat compatability differences anyone else experiences... both good and bad.

heres another good report... on my bro's computer, the emu wouldnt respond at all... now uhle 2064 smokes. ;)

Edit by aprentice:

Just as I thought! You disgust me once again. You are NOT permitted to distribute modified versions of our exe, and NOT allowed to add yourself to the about box. Do you remember HydraHLE (your version of suprahle with a modifed gui that was supose to have support for zelda mom)? If this is why you want an unpacked version of UltraHLE 2064, then you can forget it. GOOD RIDDENS TO YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
crewde said:
good to know, i have decided that this should be available to everyone. i have unpacked it all and packaged it up... here's the link: www.ultrahle2064.com
we shall call this the unofficial uhle 2064 since the developing team seems to not support it.

tell me wat compatability differences anyone else experiences... both good and bad.

heres another good report... on my bro's computer, the emu wouldnt respond at all... now uhle 2064 smokes. ;)

How about we call it HydraHLE 2064? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
UPX/Aspack Packing in some cases, can cause software to not work, or become curropt.

It has happened to me before, with a private piece of software I have written, sometimes i'd compile then run, and it wouldn't work after i used upx on it, weird no? Wish i had one available to me right now to prove this point, haha :)

(PS: the software I write is usually IRC related, and I use delphi, dunno how that counts lol)

OP
crewde

crewde

wat gives u guys the right to question the integrity of my emulator? hydrahle never boatsed about emulating zeldamom first of all, b/c hydrahle was indeed based on modifications developed by the supra crew... but when they didnt like the idea of this, they flamed me... which is understandble, so i created a whole new project and from there my modifications were entirely different. MiMiX was based entirely on my code but u guys questioned its legitity as much as u did with hydra... why would i continue an emu in which nobody appreciated? why does this even matter at this point? u guys have won. BUT, i know from expeirence from those days tho that a uHLE based program does not react well in some circumstances to packing. there is proof right on here in this forum.. people boasting of compat difference. hmmmmmm... i wonder...

i look at it like in every post in this thread i have provided some information to help out your emu. all i do is get flamed... beleive me on these matters or not, presently, i have proven that packing is not the best route to go. i will set up a private link on the internet that allows people to download the program from.

good luck with your emu.. tho, u wont get anywhere acting like you are God.

Last edited:

Dominator

Dominator, would u allow me to distribute the unpacked version of the software as a small test to see if anyone may have better results?

No way.

and an above post says that "noone else gets flamed for packing".... uHLE Alpha was originally packed until the public requested it not to be.

What if the public asked you to run naked in the street?

Status
Not open for further replies.