What's new

Valve bans 20,000 users from Steam

Trotterwatch

Reading Valve's forum is like a comedy goldmine. It seems that all the pirates are whinging about it in some wierd language; it doesn't appear to be English.

I admit that someone tryd the Pirat version of valve on my PC but didnt got it to work the noob that the kid is.

no files unlocked etc...

Since i'm a HL fan ( changing to "Was" tho) i went to Gamemania and got me a copy to unlock my files and played for some days

now my legit key is deleted in a ....very idiotic way,u people dont even Care.

U guys really let me down and i hope u all get sewed like hell!!

i hope your children will be sewed and so for many generations in the future.
My opinion is to fry u peoples small balls with a shocker like the lowlifes u are!

Yep, he wants them all to get sewed. Probably wants them to get knitted too ;)

smcd

I heard rumor that valve intentionally released (bogus?) copies of hl2 onto the web to try and catch people like this, guess those rumors were true! Glad my ATi card came with a certificate to get it "free." :)

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
sethmcdoogle said:
I heard rumor that valve intentionally released (bogus?) copies of hl2 onto the web to try and catch people like this, guess those rumors were true! Glad my ATi card came with a certificate to get it "free." :)
I believe the alleged "Valve release" was officially debunked or was misinterpreted. These people were using a known dodgy CD key, or no-cd crack that's all. There are copies referred to on various forums as allegedly `steam free`, which I'd guess most of the more savvy pirates are using. Now how could Valve ban copies that have nothing to do with Steam..?
They really have brought this on themselves. Valve and the pirates.

-Shadow-

Banned
It does touch steam ;) The nuked version of Half-Life2, that has been seeded by valve has a "steam emulator" in it, which has to be fed with your account data, this version sends the data to valve and then... bye :bye: You should get a version without any need of account data, if your'e a hardcore warez monkey... I dunno if they already do something against people who use the cracked CSS from emporio. But i don't really have to care, i bought hl² anyways, that game is too good to be pirated!

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
Valve didn't release a trap version, and that steam emulator isn't made by Valve. People just totally misunderstood what gabe said and made it into something it's not. The only thing they are doing is monitoring the people stupid enough to try and do the CD-Key trick and banning them.

dukenukem

lord freiza
Hehe i have seen many posts on warez placers complaining they got banned by valve and want to know why they aren't allowed to play it.Poor piraters these days,looks like they will start losing against gaming companies now:).

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
How have the pirates lost anything here..? If people are really that stupid as to think they could authenticate using a known dodgy cd key, they deserve to be banned. And mocked. Then mocked some more. A great deal. :p
There are versions out there that never go near Steam *at all*. So as those versions never touch Steam, the internet or Valve's increasingly pointless account system in any way whatsoever, Valve's "protection" system has ended up screwing only the legitimate users, be it with arcane CD-in-drive checks, the painfully long unlock-and-sign-your-soul-up proceedure, or the dramatically increased boot times. Now even legitimate users have been banned. That's crazy.
They can't touch people running those truly haXx0Red versions, because every shred of their control has been ripped out just like we all knew it would. Hard to believe you get a poorer experience by staying legitimate, but sadly very true in this case.

Last edited:

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
*Confused and moving swiftly along...*

A little tip for FX users lacking proper reflection effects even with reflect all enabled (from Steam forums, quite a common problem too supposedly);
Use the console commands "fog_enable_water_fog 0" and "mat_dxlevel 90" (without quotes), it looks better at least...
I still find it disturbing that I've spent more time hunting forums and looking for fixes than playing the game... :(

EDIT: This just popped up in the Steam forums. I 110% heartily endorse this product or service;

I'll tell you guys one thing, Half Life 2 really is the most anticipated game of all time. People that have had the game over a week are still anticipating to play it.

Last edited:

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
They are absolutely hilarious... Addictively so in fact. There are a huge amount of people with a genuine issue with the game, and fortunately some of them are quite intelligently funny. The fact that Valve claimed to have released a "patch" though was extremely unfair and quite an insult on all the people who just want to get on and be able to play the game... Steam traffic monitoring soon proved it was myth, and their "advice" post was bordering on tech-support-line-insulting. I'm just waiting for them to start recommending reinstalling Windows next. ;)

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Stalkid64 said:
They are absolutely hilarious... Addictively so in fact. There are a huge amount of people with a genuine issue with the game, and fortunately some of them are quite intelligently funny. The fact that Valve claimed to have released a "patch" though was extremely unfair and quite an insult on all the people who just want to get on and be able to play the game... Steam traffic monitoring soon proved it was myth, and their "advice" post was bordering on tech-support-line-insulting. I'm just waiting for them to start recommending reinstalling Windows next. ;)

And don't try using any of the options the install gives you :p , it's nearly impossible to install it if you do.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Yes, that was the fatal mistake for most people. Working for Valve's QA dept must be the easiest job in the world.;)
Does the game boot? Check.
Does the game have any other problems? If so, please blame the users hardware, recommend hilariously trivial `fixes`. and upgrade the games status to "Gone Gold".
Congratulations! Half Life 2 has passed Valve QA.