What's new

Updating My Game Collection

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I've been getting pretty decent paychecks lately, and since I'm living at home for college, I have some money to burn, but I've also picked up some CHOICE freebies lately, and I thought I'd take a boring second to gloa..um, show you guys what i've picked up lately. :p

I picked up 6 PS2 titles in the last 3 days, not too bad honestly, I like to wait until they're greatest hits, so i got Amplitude, Jak and Daxter, Jak II, Ratchet and Clank, Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando, and today, I traded in the HIDEOUS Battlefield 2 for Katamari Damacy.

http://home.comcast.net/~jebbeck/IMAG0027.JPG

This week, a friend of mine at work was chatting with me, and I mentioned that I was into the retro game scene. So he offered up a couple items free of charge, including 10 Sega Master System games, an SNES, and a Playstation 1, which, a few days later, when I asked if he was still bringing them in, he said, Oh yeah, I'll grab them, and by the way the PS1 has this special chip in it to play copies! So i got a free modded PS1, an SNES and 10 Master System games.

http://home.comcast.net/~jebbeck/IMAG0022.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~jebbeck/IMAG0026.JPG

Then, the topper, today I took the SNES and a bunch of sports games another friend practically threw at me, to the same store I've been buying my vintage and second hand video games, and with trade, I got the following for 15 dollars cash.

http://home.comcast.net/~jebbeck/IMAG0025.JPG

Hell yeah! Only thing is they gave me a Dreamcast RF Switch by mistake, so I just ordered the Genesis/CD/32X RCA Adapter for 9 dollars. My collection is growing steadily, I next plan to buy an N64 and a Saturn.

So that's this weeks gaming deals.

Edit: I made them links because the images are huge.

Last edited:
OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I bought a Saturn today for 50 bucks. Full hook ups control, and 1 game, god bless ebay. N64 next, and Saturn Chip.

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
I hate 'Jak' games, I think they're stupid. I played 'adventure' games when i was like 2.
Jeez, take a look at those atrocious Sega CD covers! What the hell kinda cover art is that? And those names! Hideous.
SNES, now theres a system I can work with... Chrono Trigger is a game you simply <i>must</i> play, it only took me about 20-25hrs to beat it the first time so its a relativley easy step into the world of RPGs.

OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I've already beaten CT as well, but shelling out the 50 bucks for a cart is a bit beyond me at this point. I loved CT, but not enough to play that much.

Oh, I also picked up a GameSaver + for my SNES, lets me take save states of games, as well as play imports.

Nin_10_Dough

Those are good deals, but I beat you on the Saturn. I got mine brand new for $30 at WalMart years ago, they had been trying to get rid of it desperately :p. I remember seeing one of those gamesaver things back then also, I wish I would have gotten it.

OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Damn, you definitely have me beat on the Saturn, honestly this was the cheapest best deal I could get on Ebay, and the shop ive been buying from lately had one for the same price, but it was a model 1, not a model 2, and the model ones are much harder to hardmod and use the swap disc method, which I have grown very tired of since I got my PS1 and it works so beautifully. Plus it look really easy to mod an M2, so I'm going to give it a shot.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
tye stik said:
I hate 'Jak' games, I think they're stupid. I played 'adventure' games when i was like 2.
Jeez, take a look at those atrocious Sega CD covers! What the hell kinda cover art is that? And those names! Hideous.
SNES, now theres a system I can work with... Chrono Trigger is a game you simply <i>must</i> play, it only took me about 20-25hrs to beat it the first time so its a relativley easy step into the world of RPGs.
I think your opinion about adventure games is stupid, but thats my opinion isn't it? Meh... you're right about Chrono Trigger though, it's pretty awesome.

OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Well, I'm a big idiot, the Saturn I bought is a model one, which makes moding it for me next to impossible. I'm now attempting to get a refund, but I doubt the likelyhood of that.

I have now purchased the PROPER Model 2 Saturn, with 6 games 2 controls and lightgun.

God I'm an idiot sometimes, I hope the first guy I bought from is cool about a return, if not I guess I'll just resell it.

OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
While he was very understanding, the Item has shipped. Oh well. So, anyone want to buy a model 1 Sega Saturn? I'll give you a good price. :p

OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I recieved both Saturns yesterday. The model one is in a bit poor visual state. It needs a good cleaning and buffing to get out some scratches. The Model 2 is beautiful, and installing the mod, while nerve wracking, because I had never soldered, went in relatively painlessly. Though I did break off the security wire, and end up solder points a and b together on the mod instead of soldering the security chip. It's actually safer, because i didn't even have to solder the main board, which made me feel better. Along with the Pro Action Replay, I can play all countries, and all formats.

It felt really good to make it work myself. It felt even better to sit down last night and play Radiant Silvergun, Gaurdian Heros, and NiGHTS into Dreams at full speed on hardware. The Saturn is a true Gem.