What's new

Updated my computor and nothing.

Stickan

Hello everybody!
My problem is that when i upgraded my computor nothing works.
I start the emulator and chose a rom, any rom and there is the error:
Send repoprt to Microsoft - Yes or No and the emulation stops.

I used to have:
P4 Intel 2,8, P4P800 Motherboard, GeForce 6600 256Mb and over 1 Gb memory
and it worked fine, slow but fine.

Now i have:
AMD Athlon 3800+ (2.0 dual core), Asus M2N-SLI motherboard, Saphire Radeon
X1900 GT 256 and 1GB DDR 2 memory

Now it will move on a little better i sad to my self, but it dont run anything.

HEEEELP!!!

Lightning

Emulator Developer
We would have to know the exact error but a few possibilities are old video drivers, incorrect DirectX version (too old), not the latest updates to the OS.

OP
S

Stickan

And my video driver=newest, DirectX=latest, OS=absolutely the latest XP + updates.
This error is something else, im sure.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
There could be dozens of reasons why you get that error message, because an error message like that is very generic. Now, if you know how to read the error log and pinpoint memory addresses and interpret them, you could be able to isolate your problem as well (and perhaps fix it given that you have good programming skills).

In all likelyhood though, you can't make heads or tails from that error, otherwise you wouldn't be posting here asking for help. :/ Plus, the "Send error report to Microsoft" option is totally useless. What the hell were Microsoft thinking when they implemented that?

All I can say is, try older drivers, rollbacks, wait for newer drivers, etc.

Toasty

Sony battery
Plus, the "Send error report to Microsoft" option is totally useless. What the hell were Microsoft thinking when they implemented that?
They were thinking, "Hey, even though we can't actually do anything about these errors, let's make people think that we're doing something about them. That way when we launch Windows Longhorn in five years, people will think that the new OS has resolved all those errors and they will buy it even though it's really just Windows XP with eye candy and DRM!" ;)

OP
S

Stickan

Ok i will test diferent drivers. But i just remember one thing. I dont know advanced programing but i have built and configerd computors for 24 years and i just rememberd that this thing yused to happend when there was anything with the sound.
The card is new so i will test with different drivers. Checking in later...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
They were thinking, "Hey, even though we can't actually do anything about these errors, let's make people think that we're doing something about them. That way when we launch Windows Longhorn in five years, people will think that the new OS has resolved all those errors and they will buy it even though it's really just Windows XP with eye candy and DRM!" ;)

No actually, those reports are useful. You report them to Microsoft, and if not a Microsoft app, they usually forward it to the proper company. Plus, they can also update the situation and give a "solution" to it. This is mostly in Vista. I've seen several errors that had solutions for (for example a Firefox crash).
It's not as useless as you think.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Well, it IS pretty darn useless 95% of time :p (Pretty much because 95% of the time an error like that is given, it's the user's fault) Besides, just because M$ forewards an error to a company, doesn't mean that company is going to do anything about it.

OP
S

Stickan

PLEASE, if you dont have an answer to my problem please dont bother.
Thenk you.
I am shure there are other forums for complains on Microsoft. I only want an answer if there is one.

OP
S

Stickan

I finaly found out the problem. I have an USB gamepad adapter. When i used the nJoy plugin there was some conflict. When i changed it to another it worked fine again. Sloooow but fine... :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
(Pretty much because 95% of the time an error like that is given, it's the user's fault)
Depends. 95% of the time I get an error - it's not my fault.

Besides, just because M$ forewards an error to a company, doesn't mean that company is going to do anything about it.

But that's not Microsoft's fault; it's the company's.

eye776

Here's a tip. Worked for me, I have NO ideea if it will work for you.
There is a "special" DX9.0c August update bundled with Gothic3. On MY machine it boost up performance on a lot of D3D programs.

I get around 2 extra FPS in Dolphin, 4 extra FPS in PCSX2, etc...