What's new

Uhle Alpha 1.1.0 Released

ShadowPrince

Here the link
http://alpha.emulation64.com/uhle1.1.0.zip

Whats New
---------------
- Pj64 Input plugin support
(put your input and gfx plugins in plugin directory)
- Storing Input plugin
- Added Fast access menu to rom browser
+ Right click on rombrowser
o Run File
o Rom Directories
o Refresh
- New ini file
+More roms are recognized now ,to see changes, refresh rom browser
- Name of the rom in rombrowser is now taken from ini alttitle,rather than from rom header
- Now u can choose drive as directory (ex. c:)
- Removed old Input config dialog
- Executable packed with UPX 1.24

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
Hmmm... this project is getting interesting... at least until UHLE2 comes out :)

Good job!

gokuss4

Meh...
err... i cant select an input plugin, it has an illegal operation, and/or it doesn't show any input plugins when i go to the plugins config, and yes i did put an input plugin in the plugin folder

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
it says choose a input plugin when i have, but it doesnt matter cuz Uhle doesnt work in XP anyway :(

gokuss4

Meh...
gokuss4 said:
err... i cant select an input plugin, it has an illegal operation, and/or it doesn't show any input plugins when i go to the plugins config, and yes i did put an input plugin in the plugin folder

can someone help me please?

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
gokuss4 said:
can someone help me please?

It's strange, it works fine with me (on windows xp).
Maybe it needs the msvcr70.dll file in the UltraHLE folder (you can get it with Pj64, 1964, etc...)

BTW, I use the NooTe_DI input plugin and works fine :D
(I didn't tried N-Rage's plugin yet...)

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Input plugin support? yay!

However it does not work for me, it says "plugin not initialized" when i click configure and when i start a rom it says "please select a input plugin"

i'm trying to use jabos directinput

:p

Last edited:

jack

Hi I have a question. Why was this emulator's Executable packed with UPX 1.24? I have experience several past problems with programs packed with UPX. Usually the files are infected with trojans. Now I'm not saying that there is a trojan in this package, maybe there is who knows, but I'm curious why the emulator had to be package. Packing an execute is unneccessary and usually arouse suspicion. Please do not package the emulator next time. Thanks.

StonedConker

craSh...crash!..crash!!.Where the f**k goes the input plugin?Gfx,sound plugins makes the nice"illegal operation crash".No problem with that but if you try to open a rom manually and not from the broswer the rom loads,then press emulation/start..and you have 30 seconds to relax...after you press the "reset button".:(

Knuckles

see:
Put all the plugins in the folder .../Plugin/
its better to put some plugins off video, audio, and, surely, input ones.
One think to considerate is that you must dont use Jabo plugins, i'm not sure but dont take them. because they have to be initialized by the emulator and video and audio plugins arent initialized in UHLE.

Or its your DirectX but its shouldnt be that

And for me, EVERYTHING IS GOING PERFECT WITH NO BUGS.

Last edited:

Spektro_Man

Just a little bug report:

I was unable to change the gfx plugin (the option is greyed out, just like the sound). OK, I know the sound plugin aren't supported yet, but I should be able to select a gfx plugin from the list, don't I? I've put two plugins (gfx) in the plugins folder: glide64 and Jabo d3d 7. And for input, N-Rage. While I was able to "select" my only one input plugin, the gfx are greyed, and the emulator just sticks using the glide64. When I removed the Dll, then it sticked to Jabo's, but the list was still greyed out. If someone has the same prob, or know a solution, I would be pleased to know. BTW, congrats Shadowpri! this version is waaay better than the last release. Keep up the excellent work man!

OP
S

ShadowPrince

Small Bug fix release 1.1.1

Here the link

http://alpha.emulation64.com/uhle1.1.1.zip

Whas's new in 1.1.1:
-------------------
- Fixed bug when loading rom by 'Open Rom'
- Disabled check of gfx plugin
Now u need only input plugins in '/plugin' directory,
U should open plugins configure dialog and choose input plugin,
when u run emulator for the first time.
Jabo input plugin can be configurable only when u started a game.Known issue,will be fixed in next releases.
- Not packed with UPX

And to answer question of Spektro.Currently gfx and sound plugins are not "connected" with emulator.What u see,is just
a listing of them,but u can't actually select or use it,thus why it's grayed.
Gokuss4: can u tell me when exactly u get illegal operation ?
Thanks for bug reports.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The bug fix release seemed to fix the problem

it really works now, shadowprince you rule, i hope you continue to release your binaries the way you have been doing :)

I just realized uhle doesn't save games (other than save states), could it be possible to add real save support, ie when you get a star on mario64?