What's new

Uh oh! better watch what you download now!

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
What? Piracy is illegal? :whistling I hate how they say "We hope to spread the word that piracy is illegal." Thanks dipshits, as if we didn't know already. :rolleyes:

smegforbrain

This is stupid.

Everybody knows piracy is illegal.

But the thing to worry about is the "fair use laws" getting shot down, since that company that made DVD copying software was told to stop selling it.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
This installs fear into mens hearts.

The FBI's time could be better spent on actually finding terrorists and murderers alike, you can hardly call copying data terrorism, who does it scare? "Oh dear! that files been copied, we're all doomed"

This is just more lame scare tactics and empty threats.

There has always been a big fine in place on piracy, and like someone else said its not like everything thinks piracy is legal.

No matter what they stamp on a product it will make little difference in the grand scheme of things, next they'll plant "DON'T COPY THIS OR ELSE!!!!!!" on the package of everything in big bold letters ;)

Last edited:

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
You pay higher taxes because people pirate. It's too bad more people don't recognize it. There are multiple routes of logic, with varying strengths, that form the same cause and effect, but I'll save some time and force surmises. Then end result is always the same, however. As kahnmeister wrote (contrary to what he implied), piracy is BAD! It's a shame that it's grown to such proportions that the FBI has finally seen fit to intervene with this gesture, however insignificant.

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Well, there are lots of people out there who simply have no idea that its illegal to copy videos, games, etc, and just do it casually. It's hard to imagine for a crowd such as ours, but nonetheless it is the case.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Piracy will never ends.............

In my city the police destroy 10.000+ copies of illegal games that come from china (China > Paraguay > Brazil) per month. But this never ends. The police destroy more copies and more and more and more and this never ends.....

If the people buy, always have someone to sell (this is a capitalism rule)
And the people have their own reasons to not buy a legal software.......

For example, the suite Office XP is selled in brazil at about R$ 1.500 ($500).......
This is the salary of a month in a good job here......
(With 1.500 here i pay a good school, buy cool clothes, and pay all bills and taxes)
This is the question here: I work a month to buy a legal copy of a software that comes from the most rich company in the world, or i get a illegal copy by R$5,00 ($1,7) and save my ass for 1/12 of year.......

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the anti piracy stuff they show in theatres/cinemas before a major movie these days? In the UK we get some crappy promo about how piracy brings down democracy and promotes terrorism.. I actually laughed louder at that than most of scary movie 3 (except the parts with lesley neilson)

It was trying too much to be the matrix, and they already did the spoof at the MTV Movie awards last year.. so it kinda spoiled it for me.

gandalf

Member ready to help
My Windows XP is illegal copy.
The original cost about $200,and my copy it cost $4 (1,33 Dollars)
The piracy never ends.
All the internet it´s infected with illegal stuff.

khanmeister

Banned
gandalf said:
My Windows XP is illegal copy.
The original cost about $200,and my copy it cost $4 (1,33 Dollars)
The piracy never ends.
All the internet it´s infected with illegal stuff.

Yes, I think that overpriced software, and a scandalous media industry are more to blame for piracy than the average PC user's ethics. I didn't get my check from the RIAA for their pricefixing schemes, because I can't afford a lawyer. Many people did though. And as for the anti-piracy ad at the movies: Those crap ads (and several other crap ads, often for other crap movies) are the main reason I DON'T GO TO THE MOVIES. So they've achieved the exact opposite of what they set out to do. Did you guys get that link?

http://www.emule-project.net/

I don't really know what this link is for, maybe someone can explain it to me?

Maybe it's to level the playing field against corporate scams, and illegal corporate mergers, and price fixing for cds, and dvds, and video games. AOL losing over $50 million of shareholder money sound familiar? Oh that's right, I'm not giving them one solitary dime. These people ripping off the American public for millions every year are the real pirates.