What's new

Tv...

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Its 1:00AM... Can't Sleep... Dont Ask...

I have been observing television programming for a while ever sence my stupid cable TV provider decided to clean up their channels... I have been watching all the unusual channels we have. I surf threw atleast 70 channels & I find nothing to watch... Nothing...

My Question is, has Television Lost its Edge? All there is are these Stupid Real life shows (Example: Making the Band 2 (Rip off of Though Enough)) & High Risk Game Shows (Example: Fear Factor, that just shows how low people will go for money <_< & those retarded FOX gameshows that they create using a dart board ). I remember all the old Sitcoms that use to air like; Saved by the Bell (As it got older, It went down hill), Home Improvment (Can't Compain), Married with children (Something to watch if you want to uplift you from your crappy life), & Step by Step (Sucked, but was forced to watch it because my older brother loved that show). There was none of this stupid crap you see on TV these days but I am just sick of it... I am about ready to throw it out my window... So anyway, Does TV suck? or Is it better?

NOTE: <_<

Smiff

Emutalk Member
in the UK we have some great channels... i'd be happy with just

BBC1
BBC2
BBC3 ('Choice', erg)
BBC4
Channel4
E4
FilmFour (actually 4 channels)

Of those 10 only two carry adverts (C4 + E4, maybe 5 mins per half hour, not like American cable) and the content is vary varied.

Last edited:

Macca

tv is good for 2 things,

1) sport
2) a few good shows (24/stargate/buffy)

but when it comes to sport, nothing can beat being there and with tv shows, the airing delay is like half a year to a year down here in oz so kazza provides me with the few shows i watch. so yes, tv is pretty pointless in my life yet i still watch it :p

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Jaz said:
E4 is possibly one of the greatest channels in the history of television! :happy:

Bo' Selecta :happy:

But above all i just leave the Sci-Fi Chan on

Last edited:
Jaz said:
E4 is possibly one of the greatest channels in the history of television! :happy:

indeedily, although channel 4 has been good for a while... just they killed the big breakfast :baaa:

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
there are good shows on these days but I must admit they are fewer then in the past. I don't know if its because I like shitty showes when I was a kid (like carebears) or if its infact because nuttin is good ne more. I only watch some anime, StarGate SG-1 and John Doe.

:holiday:

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
HA! Bo Selecta RULES!!!! lol

we have less adverts all round, though, dont we? (we being in the u.k)

thats why stuff like the X-Files only lasted 45 minutes, because american T.V is packed with crappy adds

Trotterwatch

In the UK we also have The Office on BBC2, which is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen.

“Some of you seem to have got off on the wrong foot with me. You didn't like some of the jokes I told earlier. You've got to chill out, yeah, trust me, this is what I do, alright? You will never work in a place like this again. This is brilliant-fact. And you will never have another boss like me. Someone who's basically a chilled out entertainer.”
- David Brent

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
you oughta go satellite and get a dtiv/utv unit

good shit is always on for me, plus I don't have to watch commercials :p

gokuss4

Meh...
james.miller said:
yeah, we do have some truly funny programmes on u.k T.V at the moment

can s club be one of them? :p j/k

there are some good shows on t.v now a days, but i mostly like watching movies. i like to watch anime, sci-fi, sitcoms, and other good shows like John Doe, Smallville, Buffy, Angel, stuff like that.

UltraThing

Originally posted by CPU Master

I remember all the old Sitcoms that use to air like; Saved by the Bell (As it got older, It went down hill), Home Improvment (Can't Compain), Married with children (Something to watch if you want to uplift you from your crappy life), & Step by Step (Sucked, but was forced to watch it because my older brother loved that show).

Funny .... I remember all the old Sitcoms that used to air like WKRP in Cincinatti, MASH, and Taxi ...

the golden age of (good) sitcoms died when people started getting more than 3 channels. Now you've practically got a different channel for each individual person, but no quality programming that's good for everyone at once.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
:happy: Sci-Fi still showing the Bionic Man lol
Now theres a Childhood revisited :phone: