What's new

TV Tuner Card Help

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I recently bought a Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II TV Tuner card. As I have cable in my room, and a TV, I don't need to watch TV through it. I simply want to run my PSX and my Saturn through the RCA Jacks on the back, and play the games on my monitor.

I've tried these softwares:

BeyondTV
GB-PVR
AMCAP
SageTV

None of which will let me view through the Composite source correctly, when I select it, it shows a black screen and nothing else.

Is there software out there that will let me do this?

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Hexidecimal said:
I recently bought a Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II TV Tuner card. As I have cable in my room, and a TV, I don't need to watch TV through it. I simply want to run my PSX and my Saturn through the RCA Jacks on the back, and play the games on my monitor.

I've tried these softwares:

BeyondTV
GB-PVR
AMCAP
SageTV

None of which will let me view through the Composite source correctly, when I select it, it shows a black screen and nothing else.

Is there software out there that will let me do this?
Are you using a dual display setup? If so, make sure the monitor you're using the tv app on is the primary display, as a secondary display won't work. Can you see anything besides a black screen if you set it to tuner? Also, test the tv card in both overlay and primary display modes to make sure your card is working.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I had one of these cards as well, if its the same model as the one I had you cannot play games on it, there is a 1-2 second delay with the mpeg2 hardware video encoder... Hope thats not the case, check your manual on that... I may be wrong.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
I'm not sure, but it sounds like the card isn't working at all? The software is definitely going to need hardware support (you installed XP drivers i hope), but at least one of the sites you listed (GB-PVR) doesn't mention the "PVR PCI II" as being supported. Really, it's kind of odd that you need 3rd party software to do this. I think it's shameful that a company releases hardware without providing adequate software to use them. Sure, there are lots of issues I can bitch about on ATi drivers, but the bottom line is the software works.

ScottJC: I experienced something similar playing games on my Radeon AIW (~1 sec delay), turns out I had accidently turned on the video record feature. After turning it off, ran smooth as silk :). See if you can do the same with the (unpronounceable) Hauppauge.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I assure you with mine that wasn't possible, besides its broken now and chances are it might've been a different PVR model.

OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
No the card works and is installed. I tested the COAX in tuner and it lets me watch TV fine, though I do remember reading something about the delay on this card when recording, I dont know about watching. I just cant get it to register the RCA ports, maybe i should uninstall and reinstall the driver.