copy 1ST_READ.BIN data\1ST_READ.BIN
cdrecord -dev=%WRITER% -msinfo
echo.
SET /P MSINFO=Please enter the MSINFO ID above (not including the '0,'):
echo.
echo Creating ISO...
echo.
mkisofs -C 0,%MSINFO% -V %GAMENAME% -l -o data.iso data

What exactly I have to enter when it says "SET /P MSINFO=Please enter the MSINFO ID above (not including the '0,'): "???????

It was something about MSINFO in previous step but I dind't understand!!!!!!

stealthbushi

Statique said:
I see a lot of people here had problems making self-boot games so I was a little scared to try it, but I've now done two games (Evolution 1 and 2) and they both worked first time. I thought I'd share the method I used with you guys:

1) Download the program called Dir2Boot
2) Inside this is a program called Bin2Boot, ensure it and the rest of the contents of Dir2Boot are all extracted into a folder
3) Go to the command prompt. You can do this by using Run from the Start Menu and typing in cmd and then enter. Alternatively, just double click on the Bin2Boot.exe file in your Dir2Boot\Tools folder
4) Ensure the game that you wish to make self-bootable is in .bin format. If it is not, mount the image with daemon tools then rip it with CDRWin or any other program that can make a .bin image
5) In the Bin2Boot window, type in the path and filename of your .bin file - for example C:\DCISOS\KAL-EVLN.BIN and hit enter
6) Wait a few moments (grab a coffee/coke/beer) and come back. You will now find a .cdi file in your Dir2Boot\Tools folder called image.cdi
7) Mount the image with Daemon Tools/Alcohol and ensure your Chankast is configured (in the Configure Drives menu) to use the correct drive
8) Start your game :)

If you have an image with dummy files in and you want to make the iso smaller, you can do this:

1) Run the cdi2nero.exe in your Dir2Boot\Tools folder
2) Browse to your .cdi image you created
3) Wait for the file to be converted to .nrg
4) Use WinISO or similar and open up the image file and delete the dat then save!

Hope this helps someone!

Ok well i have a few cdi files of DC roms and i burned them with alcohol 120% and everything seems to have gone fine. However i cant get Chanka to run them. i configed my drive so it reads it so thats not it . i dont know what im doing wrong ive even tried the self boot method and still nothing it just opens up the DC cd player window and i back out of that and try to click game again and all it does is load the DC cd player window .. what gives??

P4 3.0ghz
2 Gig,s PNY DDR 400
asus P4P800 mobo
80 gig western dig hard drive
geforce fx 5950 ultra
soundblaster audigy 2
samsung dvd/cd-rw
HP dvd+r/rw

torra

Has anyone succeeded in getting Shenmue 2 to selfboot using this method? I ran the selfboot v2 batch file, it appeared to work properly but chankast boots it into the audio menu. Here's what the structure of the cd looks like:

-CD Enhanced
--Session 01 (2MB)
---Track 01: 0:02.00 - 0:08.04 Audio
--Session 02 (726 MB)
---Track 02: 2:42.04 - 71:50.10 (726MB), ISO 9660 (mode 2)

Can anyone confirm this? Obviously something's messed up since its not booting, but not sure what.

yop

Mad Programmer
No matter what selfboot program I use and no matter what game I want to make bootable, I have IO errors with chankast.

Can someone help me ?

ps: I already have the nero aspi in the system32 directory

The problem about Soul Calibur is that the final file is 707MB & normal CDs doesn't have this capacity...
So is there any program to make a virtual CD Writer drive?!
Please help me guys...

kallileo

After reading the tutorial in the first page I managed to make 4 seflbootable Cds. The only problem is Soul Calibur.......because it doesn't fit in normal CD.
Can anyone tell me if the ISO that creates the progam is selfbootable or NOT?????
I tried to write selfboot session with selfboot by Franxis and after that burn ISO of the game on the same CD with Nero........but it says that it cannot write on this cd!!!!
Does anyone knows any other program which can do it????

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
kallileo: are trying inserting the iso in a virtual machine after it is selfbootable? (delete the line "del iso" from the batch file or else the iso will be deleted in the end)
Try 800mb cd-r guys
torra it looks nice.
remember yor and others if the cd is burned right and its selfbootable then:
you must be able to open the cd and see the files that are inside
the windows recognize the cd like an audio cd

Ex0skelet0r said:
kallileo: are trying inserting the iso in a virtual machine after it is selfbootable? (delete the line "del iso" from the batch file or else the iso will be deleted in the end)
Try 800mb cd-r guys
torra it looks nice.
remember yor and others if the cd is burned right and its selfbootable then:
you must be able to open the cd and see the files that are inside
the windows recognize the cd like an audio cd

Is there anyway to copy selfbooted game toan image instead of cd?!I can'tfind a 800mg cd...

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
Making an iso without burning it into a cd:
open the selfboot_v2.bat with the notebook, set as always the cd reader and the cd writer BUT:
delete the step 8 that is:
CLS
echo.
echo STEP 8
echo.
echo Now writing the data.iso and finishing off
echo.
cdrecord -dev=%WRITER% -eject -xa1 data.iso
PAUSE
del 1ST_READ.BIN
del audio_*.wav
del data.iso
and save it again with another name (example: selfboot_v2_images.bat)
now run the selfboot_v2_images.bat.in the end you with have a data.iso which its your bootable game in the same folder you have the selfboot_v2_images.bat
run this now and in the end you will have your game in the selfboo folder. (with the name data.iso)

Ex0skelet0r said:
Making an iso without burning it into a cd:
open the selfboot_v2.bat with the notebook, set as always the cd reader and the cd writer BUT:
delete the step 8 that is:
CLS
echo.
echo STEP 8
echo.
echo Now writing the data.iso and finishing off
echo.
cdrecord -dev=%WRITER% -eject -xa1 data.iso
PAUSE
del 1ST_READ.BIN
del audio_*.wav
del data.iso
and save it again with another name (example: selfboot_v2_images.bat)
now run the selfboot_v2_images.bat.in the end you with have a data.iso which its your bootable game in the same folder you have the selfboot_v2_images.bat
run this now and in the end you will have your game in the selfboo folder. (with the name data.iso)

I did so but when I mount the image :
Chanka goes to Audio CD
Windows says that the directory is corrupted

kallileo

I've done it. But the problem is that the image(ISO) is not seflbootable. I wrote the image with Nero and I took a non-selfbootable version o Soul Calibur........
I also tried to run the ISO with Daemon tools but Chanka goes to Audio CD!!!!!!
Ex0skelet0r??????

JKidd

Statique said:
I see a lot of people here had problems making self-boot games so I was a little scared to try it, but I've now done two games (Evolution 1 and 2) and they both worked first time. I thought I'd share the method I used with you guys:

1) Download the program called Dir2Boot
2) Inside this is a program called Bin2Boot, ensure it and the rest of the contents of Dir2Boot are all extracted into a folder
3) Go to the command prompt. You can do this by using Run from the Start Menu and typing in cmd and then enter. Alternatively, just double click on the Bin2Boot.exe file in your Dir2Boot\Tools folder
4) Ensure the game that you wish to make self-bootable is in .bin format. If it is not, mount the image with daemon tools then rip it with CDRWin or any other program that can make a .bin image
5) In the Bin2Boot window, type in the path and filename of your .bin file - for example C:\DCISOS\KAL-EVLN.BIN and hit enter
6) Wait a few moments (grab a coffee/coke/beer) and come back. You will now find a .cdi file in your Dir2Boot\Tools folder called image.cdi
7) Mount the image with Daemon Tools/Alcohol and ensure your Chankast is configured (in the Configure Drives menu) to use the correct drive
8) Start your game :)

If you have an image with dummy files in and you want to make the iso smaller, you can do this:

1) Run the cdi2nero.exe in your Dir2Boot\Tools folder
2) Browse to your .cdi image you created
3) Wait for the file to be converted to .nrg
4) Use WinISO or similar and open up the image file and delete the dat then save!

Hope this helps someone!

Ok i tried this but it says it cant find ip.bin for giantgram2000 but it does have one.But i said yes to make one then it asks me what the binary is and i put 1ST_READ.BIN and pressed enter then it closes.Anyone who can help would be much appreciated.

cirrus144

i have done the same method for soulcalibur it's just for saying it works fine and it's very simple.

for your problem are you sure you used bin2boot and not dir2boot (i've done the mistake the first time) if you used the good one are sure of the ip.bin is named correctly ,if yes did you try to edit the bin to put a new one ...
sorry i don't have anymore ideas

good luck .

JKidd

Ok i have tried instead of this method another one.The bin hack and b2bgame.bat thingy anyway i got giant gram to work ya, but i tried NJPW4 toukon restuden.All it does is brings me to the bios it used to bring me to the audio but then i click file then it goes to a black screen as if it was starting , but it brings me back to the sega boot screen.Anyone know a solution?Ohh and one more thing NJPW4 dosent have either ip.bin or 1st_read.bin.

donluigi

Just use fast boot, it works, the last 2 weeks i tried make a selfboot game but nothing worked, today i saw a post saying to use fastboot and it worked finally, i changed Virtua Striker 2 in a selfboot game without burning any Cd.

donluigi

And if you mount the image with deamon tools, use version 3.29, because with other versions you have an I/O error in chankast.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
I use this modified selfboot and I only have to put the cd in for ripping then another cd for writing and its bootable! I don;t have to modify the ip or anythin! (exept for the config) I made virtua tennis 2 boot after 5 minutes!